tuner?DPF?EGR?

buckcommander

Reaction score
Bought a 6.4 yesterday, R.I.P. boss hog. It's the stampede edition, 2008 with 82,467 miles. I am not concerned with making loads of power, more concerned with getting the most life I can out of it and from what I have researched I need to do a DPF delete, EGR delete and get a tuner to turn off CEL and regen mode. I have read Spartan is the best for getting power but have also read it may cause transmission issues.? Again I don't really need a $1500 big power tuner unless it is the best for getting more life out of this 6.4. Any recommendations? Also what order is best for these to be installed?

sootie

Reaction score
install them all at once. for a race tuner you will have trouble finding one for less than 1200.

there are a lot of vendors on this site that can help you out.

buckcommander

Reaction score
Ok. thanks. so I should do the wrenching first and before starting go ahead and do the tuner and all is well? Has anyone gotten a ton of miles on their 6.4 without any of this? Any advice on intakes?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
you are going to need the tuner along with the deletes at the same time. I run the minimax in my truck, and love it. The MCC software is what made me decide on the minimax over the spartan

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok. thanks. so I should do the wrenching first and before starting go ahead and do the tuner and all is well? Has anyone gotten a ton of miles on their 6.4 without any of this? Any advice on intakes?

Best advise on intakes is the no limits setup. Heres the reasons why. By the way I did have an S&B and sold it for the no limit kit. There is no comparison by a long shot! Congrats on the new ride by the way:thumbup:
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31514

jdgleason

Reaction score
I would find an SCT livewire or a minimaxx and get some gearhead tunes. That will be your best bet for engine and trans life.

VanoFord

Reaction score
I bought my 08 F350 w/ 81k on her. I just rolled 101k, still all buttoned up from the factory. only issue i have had is that 2 EGT sensors go bad just after rollin 100k. But I had a warranty and it was fixed. I'll be deleting, tuning, MCC in a few months when my warranty runs fully out.

buckcommander

Reaction score
Well after lots of research i finally got around to it and installed a flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust, 4" down pipe, and a dpf-r. Quick and painless install and am loving the mpg gains. The 5" exhaust really makes the 6.4 sound like a jet engine! LOVIN IT! Thanks for the advice.

3brorce

Reaction score
A little different route than I would have went with the dpfr as I dont think I would ever drive a stock diesel but glad you are enjoying it.

buckcommander

Reaction score
Yeah i was about to pull the trigger on a H&S but found a guy here in town who sold me the exhaust and dpf-r together for $500. And already got 1/2 my money back selling the converter and dpf. It did exactly what i wanted. I just filled up for the 1st time yesterday and will post mpg gains, hand calculated of course, as soon as i can. Ima use the money i saved going this route and get a good intake and soon delete the egr.

Latest posts

Members online