Tuner for 6.4

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Wow you got them all, looking forward to your feedback.
on the 250, I i really liked the spartan. I tried the H&S for a bit, too smoky, and too hot... (they did not have the low boost fuel control that they now have) And I switched to the SCT with IDP. Love that one. Going to stay there on the 250, but I still wanna try Matt's after a while.

on the 450... I ran the SCT from the other rig, until it was near done, then I switched to the H&S that I already had. Not crazy how the shifts are configured, as I have 4.30 gears now on 33 inch tires... I talked to the guys from H&S, and they wont likely have anything for 4.30s for a while, so I bought another SCT.... lots of issues getting that thing sorted out, as I bought it from a dude who had a Manual instead of an auto, so, no trans tunes in there, SCT deleted all of my tunes.... (ass holes) and now IDP is going to get it back to load all Eric's tunes in it... In the meantime, I bought another Spartan for the 450, and we will see how that goes. I towed with Spartan a lot, but I refuse to use the 210 Tow Performance tune... painful shifts.... I just put it in the 210 regular tune, and she did great. I think that she will do the same in the 450, but, Ill let you know in a few days when I get the re license done. But when I get the SCT done, I will have another option. But I also LOVE the DashDaq for the guages..... nothing else lets you monitor so many things at once.

ha ha this guy !!!!

I was waiting for you to push the Bullydog Triple dog GT..... LOL

bellyboat

Reaction score
Spartan should let others tune on the DD, or are they just scared???? LOL... The DD is a great monitor just imagine if you could choose your tunes for the DD, that would be great.

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
That's why we sell just DashDAQs for gauges

Sent from Holderdown Performance iPhone Command Center

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I like my Spartan, its a good all around package and the 210 tow performance rocks for towing heavy. However, it was already in the truck when I got it and I probably wouldn't have spent the money for it. I would've just gotten a DashDAQ for gauges and SCT for tuning because I enjoy driving my truck alot more with the SCT tunes that I have over any Spartan tune. The only time I switch back to Spartan is to tow and once Eric releases the new 5 tune package I won't even do that.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Im like Corbin on the spartan, the 210 Tow performance sucks for trucks with low gears like the 450s, but they are already geared for towing so regular tunes work better. The 210 stays loaded on my bossmans 450 and it shifts really great and tows awesome.

What I dont understand is people complain about high boost numbers on the 210? Is 35lbs considered high? Would they rather have 10 lbs and their egts climbing? Id rather have the boost and low egts as the studs are going to withstand that, but if you would rather have it the other way around, at a certain temp the studs arent going to be the only thing losing strength

BAR-6.4

Reaction score
I run the KEM 345 as my DD tune with the Black Maxx and love it. I have had it on since 85,000 and am now at 115,000 miles with no trouble. Once the trans learns the shifts are good and firm, but don’t slam. As for their lower tunes for towing, I have made a couple of runs into the Smokies (10,000lbs) and been happy- EGT’s, trans temp, boost everything. While running the 345 (no trailer) I like how the boost, at highway speed, is low cruising around 6-10 psi at 70-80 mph. You can roll into it or get on it and she still has room to stretch her legs and git. I don’t go to the track much, but did film a pass if your thinkn you might. All the info is under the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xMrWhnhlLM

bellyboat

Reaction score
I wish mine only went to 35 boost its the 44+ that makes me nervous on stock bolts. I to agree the shifts are not good or the high EGTs.

3brorce

Reaction score
I saw 52 psi yesterday with IDP x-street tune with 50% pedal. Monitoring with the LW

bellyboat

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the boost pressures down on Spartan tunes?

There should be studed and non studed tunes...

WoodBoy

Reaction score
No there isnt because the boost isnt high on them as it is unless you are running the 275 or 310

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I wish mine only went to 35 boost its the 44+ that makes me nervous on stock bolts. I to agree the shifts are not good or the high EGTs.

If you only want to see 35 lbs of boost, my recommendation is go back to stock. I don't know of any tuner out that limits their tunes to 35 lbs of boost. 40-45 lbs of boost is all your going to see out of our lower tunes and that is more than safe. What bad shifts and high EGT's are you talking about? The race tunes shift firm, but not bad......and you have to be in the pedal hard for awhile for EGT's to get up to an unsafe range. The lower files don't get high EGT's at all.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I CANT AGREE MORE!!!! Im running KEMs 345 tune on my Dash Daq and love it. Id love to have Spartan tunes, KEMs, & Innovative. Those tuning companies on the dash daq would be untouchable! :biggun:

Keep dreaming, I'd say the Spartan and River City are the only ones you'll ever see on the DD.

Innovative is strictly SCT and it'll stay that way.

Hanging_Heels

Reaction score
Well thats just my opinion, id love to have those companies all on one device. But i would be open to trying other tunes if i had the options (i.e. gearheads, vivians looney tune etc.) Options are always better!

Latest posts

Members online