Tuner help!

DoubleLung

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. New member but have been on the site quiet a few times. Had a fully built 6.4 but have been out of the game a few years. Just picked up a 16 6.7 and looking to ****** and tune. Going with no limit stage 2, no limit egr with cac, and straight 5" dp back. Question is what's hot in the tuning game these days? I had a sct on my old 6.4 but wasn't sure if that was the way to go or the mini maxx? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

sootie

Reaction score
S partan is looking to be the most powerful and best shifting these days. No support from H&S on 15+. Talk to Mike about it when you buy the no limit stuff from him. Lots of tune glitches from guys running custom tunes on SCT devices it seems.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Sorry, Gear-head

To be honest they are great and clean on all trucks BUT, as in my situation I need custom tunes made they are taking a long time ( 2 months ) and I have 1 tune that is good but not right yet.... They are busy to say the least.

I am really thinking about going with spart-n soon...

drservo

Reaction score
I've ran both, haven't loaded gear-head back since I tried Spart-an

Reaction score
I've ran both, haven't loaded gear-head back since I tried Spart-an

I am currently running GH on SCT with my 16 and love it so far. No shifting issues, codes or anything and the power is great (even though Ive only ran it on street due to the truck being new). But what do you like more about Spar-tan VS GH? Any specifics you could share as to what makes one better than the other? And is the cost justified to switch even with Spar-tan not having a full size screen yet for a monitor?

JRLott

Reaction score
Was leaning toward going with ghear-head on SCT. So any feedback back good or bad I appreciate it

I've enjoyed the hell outta my IDP tunes for the last 6000 miles. There's more than one that have had gnoggin, PIP, and / or IDP that have gone Spar and never looked back. Based on the feedback, I'm looking at upgrading at some point. If I didn't already have SCT, I'd be impatiently waiting on SOTF from Spar. If you have an SCT, go Gnoggin. If you don't, go Spar...that's what I'd do.

NorthernYankee

Reaction score
What are the thoughts on ******** tunes on the SCT x4?

Tuning is clean, there seems to be an issue with a lag/bog using the NL Stage 2 intake but it is mostly fixed with updated tunes. Trans wise I would say G-head is ok but not at the level of other companies, myself and others have experienced hard shifting and other "Strange" trans behavior.

LMPirate

Reaction score
My truck is all stock right now. And I'm kind of new to the diesel game so I'm trying to learn as much as I can be for buying anything. I basically just want to do a full del-eat and hook to a sled a couple times a year. The only thing I'm unsure about still is what to go with as far tune, there so many different ones and I don't need anything overly aggressive. But definitely want a quality one. Thanks again for the help

DoubleLung

Reaction score
Well I'm head to spar with all the no limit goodies as soon as she get back from the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online