Tuner Question

Black 02

Reaction score
I have emailed Jody a dozen times over the years and he always gets back to me. Sometimes in 24 hrs.

If you go through a dealer, your questions better be generic.

:whs:

Every time I've ever called Jody, he's always called me back within 24 hours. Jacob and James are the same way. E-mails get answered even sooner.

I would bet Jody has as many or more customers than a lot of these tuners.

That being said, I think Lang is right when he has a specific question and wants a specific answer. Jon is gonna get him the best answer.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Again Lincoln already spoke with him. You said he hasn't replied to your reply, that's not multiple calls/emails. Jonathan just called a lil bit ago and discussed the shifting strategies with me. So now I feel comfortable ordering a burner and having tunes adjusted.

good deal man! jonathan will make it right, just need some patients at times.... i usually never have a problem getting ahold of beans/jonathan through email or even calling... been dealing with them for over 3 years now and have maybe gone over 5 days without them getting back with me maybe a half dozen times...

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have emailed Jody a dozen times over the years and he always gets back to me. Sometimes in 24 hrs.

If you go through a dealer, your questions better be generic.

Not always true. I've spoken w/ jake about beans tunes about in depth engine/tranny tuning questions, and when I asked beans the same question I got the same exact answers back. Same with CaryT when asking about wildman tunes; they are always on the same page with things.

kilapapipa

Reaction score
Not always true. I've spoken w/ jake about beans tunes about in depth engine/tranny tuning questions, and when I asked beans the same question I got the same exact answers back. Same with CaryT when asking about wildman tunes; they are always on the same page with things.

You could be right here, like Black02 said, James at DP gives some good feedback as well. I haven't spoken to Jacob yet. Point is, if a dealer is communicating with the tuner a LOT, you could get the same answer as well.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Prove me wrong. Brian and Cale haven't done any tuning (at least not widespread) and its not listed on their website as Service.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Cale doesnt work there anymore, but BTS will still burn you a chip with your trans... I dont believe they do live tuning anymore but...

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Maybe when buying a trans from them, but I havent heard of somebody phoning BTS for a straight chip in some time now.

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
Hey Guys, thought this thread deserved a little attention to clear up some things. I am still the official tuner for Bean's Diesel and I still own my dyno but I moved back home to Chattanooga and opened a dedicated tuning and manufacturing facility. Still work 1 on 1 with Bean's Diesel and other dealers. Dealers sell my products to the masses, I have a small crew for tuning and customer service when the mail order tunes need more attention but I count on experienced dealers to take care of general customer service questions and sales.
Lincoln is 100% correct. I am the ONLY person making custom revisions when you experience issues or need special changed so it can take a little time because these trucks need special attention, especially when I am tuning in the dark like i am with 'Lang's truck. I have no datalog info and the truck isn't here. Live tuning is the best way to get shifting the way you want it, so if you don't want to come in for that, you have to wait until I can get to your files, but I will help you! During sled pulling and dyno season this can have an extended lead time but I WILL take care of your order and I WILL return your call and emails. Sometimes I can get to it in a couple hours and sometimes it may take a few days. I travel with my dyno, travel to tune, and have customers from all over the country setup live tuning appointments. All that to say, I'm a busy guy, but I do my best to return all customer service issues as fast as possible. So if you travel across the country for live tuning and are paying for dyno rental, you are my prioirty until your job is finished. This means mail order revisions can take a few days to get to.
Coy - in your case, I have a problem with you talking that way online about your situation. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if my memory serves me correctly, we expedited your order in the middle of our move to get your chip out in time for you. You have talked to someone when you called and gotten emails returned, but it wasn't an instant fix because YOUR TRUCK is different. I run those tunes on hundreds of other trucks and have no issues with their shifting. Buy a burner and I will send some files to try to get your shifting setup better, just be patient while we get the issues worked out. If you want a transmission that will hold power, shift right, and last, get a BTS and I can tune it in - no problem!
I appreciate the support and help from all our other customers and friends on the boards. If you need anything, our products are available through BDP and other dealers that we will list up soon on our website.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
johnathan is a busy dude flat out no joke!! still took time out of his personal time to post and try to set things straight! chit is not just gonna happen over night fellas... im glad stuff got squared away! hell i think it was 6 or 8 different chips john and i sent back and forth, in a span of 6-7 months, cuz my truck wasnt taking any of the changes being made! finally said f-it and set up a live tune session and drove my azz to Tennessee and finally with john in the passenger seat and his magic laptop, made the truck do everything i wanted and asked of it, also on the dyno!! he WILL make it right, just need patients.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hey Guys, thought this thread deserved a little attention to clear up some things. I am still the official tuner for Bean's Diesel and I still own my dyno but I moved back home to Chattanooga and opened a dedicated tuning and manufacturing facility. Still work 1 on 1 with Bean's Diesel and other dealers. Dealers sell my products to the masses, I have a small crew for tuning and customer service when the mail order tunes need more attention but I count on experienced dealers to take care of general customer service questions and sales.
Lincoln is 100% correct. I am the ONLY person making custom revisions when you experience issues or need special changed so it can take a little time because these trucks need special attention, especially when I am tuning in the dark like i am with 'Lang's truck. I have no datalog info and the truck isn't here. Live tuning is the best way to get shifting the way you want it, so if you don't want to come in for that, you have to wait until I can get to your files, but I will help you! During sled pulling and dyno season this can have an extended lead time but I WILL take care of your order and I WILL return your call and emails. Sometimes I can get to it in a couple hours and sometimes it may take a few days. I travel with my dyno, travel to tune, and have customers from all over the country setup live tuning appointments. All that to say, I'm a busy guy, but I do my best to return all customer service issues as fast as possible. So if you travel across the country for live tuning and are paying for dyno rental, you are my prioirty until your job is finished. This means mail order revisions can take a few days to get to.
Coy - in your case, I have a problem with you talking that way online about your situation. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if my memory serves me correctly, we expedited your order in the middle of our move to get your chip out in time for you. You have talked to someone when you called and gotten emails returned, but it wasn't an instant fix because YOUR TRUCK is different. I run those tunes on hundreds of other trucks and have no issues with their shifting. Buy a burner and I will send some files to try to get your shifting setup better, just be patient while we get the issues worked out. If you want a transmission that will hold power, shift right, and last, get a BTS and I can tune it in - no problem!
I appreciate the support and help from all our other customers and friends on the boards. If you need anything, our products are available through BDP and other dealers that we will list up soon on our website.

Well speak of the devil, yesterday Cassandra apologized for the delay in emails out of nowhere and we emailed each other back and forth quite a bit. All of my questions were answered and then some. Love BDP as a company and their tunes are just great.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Prove me wrong. Brian and Cale haven't done any tuning (at least not widespread) and its not listed on their website as Service.

Yea Brian still tunes. I see threads all the time.

Cale doesnt work there anymore, but BTS will still burn you a chip with your trans... I dont believe they do live tuning anymore but...

I am sure if a person takes their truck to Brian, he will live tune it. I might be wrong, but I wouldn't put it past him.

And Cale isn't tuning anymore.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online