Tuners what tunes are you running??

monster14

Reaction score
Just finished deleting my 14 f350 and was wondering what tunes everyone runs on a daily basis. This is my DD so I'm trying to get the most out of it in terms of mpg's, performance and reliability. Will be adding egr block plates within a week. Scared to pop the hood and see what kind of job it's gonna be.

Randy_270

Reaction score
A little over 33k miles on the performance tune for me. For best MPG use the performance tune... Once you stop driving with your foot in the floor boards because it's so much fun :)

Spatel23

Reaction score
MiniMax with Matt (Gearhead) tunes. I dont take it off the performance tune unless Im towing.

I have 37s and 3.55 gears, drive about 75-80mph and get 14.5 mpg which is great with my driving habits.

zporta

Reaction score
MiniMax with Matt (Gearhead) tunes. I dont take it off the performance tune unless Im towing.

I have 37s and 3.55 gears, drive about 75-80mph and get 14.5 mpg which is great with my driving habits.

Same here, but havent ran but street unless towing. Sounds like i need to switch to performance.... 10k here

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
90k on a tune here, truck has 101k on the clock, run a H&S black max with KEM tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EOSLTD

Reaction score
Another vote for Gearhead!! Power is nice and trans tuning is spot-on!!!

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
sct x4 with whoever tunes for no limit fab tunes, keep it on the performance and i get around 14.5 mpg going 75-80

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
Been testing a T1 for a little over 3 months now, never comes off the performance no matter if I am towing or just driving. Truck was deleted with less than 100 miles and it now has just a little over 8k on it. It takes a beating daily 95% of the time still averaging around 16mpg.

LovetheTide

Reaction score
SCT from Rudy's. I've ran most of the tunes but use one of the lower HP ones daily, haven't seen a noticeable difference in MPG.

GTR

Reaction score
I bought a 2014 6.7 a few months ago and just installed a SCT X4 w/ Rudy's DPF Delete tune. Something just doesn't feel right with the shifting and too much smoke. I mentioned the issues I was having to a friend and he suggested going with a Gearhead tune. I have contacted Gearhead and they said they can't tune to my current X4 due to limited parameters from SCT and that's why my tune is the way it is from Rudy's. :(
Gearhead said they can tune to my H&S XRT Pro from the truck that I sold (2010 6.4), but the tuner says it only goes up to 2012 6.7. I have contacted H&S and they said it will not work with a 2014, but Gearhead says it will. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks

monster14

Reaction score
From what I've heard from others, the tranny needs to relearn and adjust to the tune so it might be a little rough/weird at first. Mine was very rough with the stock dpf on tunes from SCT but since I loaded the delete performance tune from punch it the shifting has def improved. From what I've learned on these forums all the aftermarket tunes on the sct devices come from the same tuner so your tune shouldn't be any different than mine? As far as the smoke, I see little to no smoke unless I smash on the pedal. Which is a little too much fun now that I've upgraded :)

GTR

Reaction score
Looks like my XRT Pro won't go past 2012. :( I did talk to Will at Rudy's about my SCT troubles and they suggested that I unplug the 2 EGR connections, and that did help fix most of my issues. The only issue I have now is when I'm driving slow and give it a little go petal it seems to jump just like I pushed the petal down half way. Is this a characteristic of a tuned 6.7 or a tune issue? I trying to decide if I should sell the X4 and buy a 2014 compatible XRT Pro. Thanks

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
Looks like my XRT Pro won't go past 2012. :( I did talk to Will at Rudy's about my SCT troubles and they suggested that I unplug the 2 EGR connections, and that did help fix most of my issues. The only issue I have now is when I'm driving slow and give it a little go petal it seems to jump just like I pushed the petal down half way. Is this a characteristic of a tuned 6.7 or a tune issue? I trying to decide if I should sell the X4 and buy a 2014 compatible XRT Pro. Thanks

My truck does it, Aaron's 450 does it along with our head techs 250 does it too.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I just did a run to to Indiana and back. 70, 75 and a lot o 80mph on cruise. Got 18mpg.
On another trip, my Girlfriend followed me back from NY, me driving a loaded uhaul, it got 22mpg, probably, 65-70mph.
I have a bit of a lead foot and get 16mph around town.

Truck is running the performance H&S tune. Haven't towed anything big enough to take it off performance. I ran the 'old' H&S tune for a long time and had no issues with it either.

Not smokey either.

Luv the way the truck runs.

37k on the truck now, tuned since 5k.

Latest posts

Members online