TUNERS, who wants to remotely live tune aprox 1000hp drag truck?????

DoubleL

Reaction score
Got pretty decent tunes now, but want more/better. I only have auto enginuity now but fully willing to get Minotaur with quarterhorse or whatever to assist in expediting the process. Would even entertain flying you here (Montana). Just need someone to dial my truck in for optimum performance.

Don't have time to drive or haul truck the thousands of miles to get to someone capable of such a task.

Come on TUNERS, help a ford brother out. Tired of seeing all these EFI live guys around just sending files for 1000hp trucks and helping with tables.

cbf9703

Reaction score
If you work closely with a good tuner they will travel, I know some that have made week long road trips to live tune for customers out of state. If you're willing to fly them out, it's just a matter of finding one you want to work with that can fit you in their schedule.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DoubleL

Reaction score
If you work closely with a good tuner they will travel, I know some that have made week long road trips to live tune for customers out of state. If you're willing to fly them out, it's just a matter of finding one you want to work with that can fit you in their schedule.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
My current tuners are so far away I hadn't considered that yet. I should at least ask, that never hurts.

jngreen

Reaction score
Since you have a gen 3 and swamps injectors, why not get some swamps tunes. They have an engine dyno and I would guess that they have many hours tuning setups similar to yours on the dyno.

jbolen323

Reaction score
why not just do the testing & logging to send to the tuners of your choice and do what they need to see, that's kind of what you do if your not happy with tunes. I think your far from 1000 rwhp from the sig mods.

common rail trucks are completely different animals, hell anything is vs our 7.3s

its near damn impossible to play with the other big trucks, when a simple tune can put them in the 500rwhp range.

old man dave

Reaction score
why not just do the testing & logging to send to the tuners of your choice and do what they need to see, that's kind of what you do if your not happy with tunes. I think your far from 1000 rwhp from the sig mods.

common rail trucks are completely different animals, hell anything is vs our 7.3s

its near damn impossible to play with the other big trucks, when a simple tune can put them in the 500rwhp range.

That's a good alternative you can discuss with the tuners of your choice.

Generally, the live tune sessions are groups of guys who get together with a tuner and they all split the costs of travel, food and lodging plus tuning fee.

I've attended several of DP-Tuner's live tuning meets and all of the guys thought it was well worth the expense compared to a generic tune. Seems like each 7.3 is just a little different from the others.

Reaction score
I would consider Bill from PHP or Matt from ********.... Both have their hands in a few trucks right now that are 7.3s that have already broke the 1000hp on fuel only single turbo trucks..

DoubleL

Reaction score
I already have tunes from everyone mentioned. Don't get me wrong, truck runs great I just always read on here that it can be so much better if live tuned. I've got one maybe two tunes that aren't bad at all for daily driving or getting groceries, but on my bigger tunes can smoke out the block unless I turn on the N2O, but little silly just for driving around town.
My sig is way short of everything done, but guaranteed well north of 900 just not sure I'm 4 digits YET, this year will tell if tranny holds.
I don't know, maybe with running this single turbo I just need to deal with little laggy and very smoky until it lights? It's still smoky at 50-60 psi but starting to be hazy with no N2O or meth.

DoubleL

Reaction score
I just have some of my own ideas for drag racing applications that tuners aren't interested in. I do want to get Minotaur and start but have so much money into truck I'm just flat out scared to damage it cuz of tuning

Chatham036

Reaction score
feel free to email me your modifications and hydra s/n

I have tuned several sled trucks running 400/400s that tend to not only contend with, but beat many common rail trucks in the 2.5 class. Zach Green is one of them if you know him.

I cant promise you I can devote the time to remotely live tuning it, but I can take the time to get you one tune with a few different revisions associated.

DoubleL

Reaction score
I'll do that Jay, I want options when at the track which of course is always on the weekend (tuners closed). That's the reason I'm considering your Minotaur.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Matt at gear head tuned Zack pierce truck and he was over 1000 on fuel. Zack did a lot of data logging and sending information but they got that truck dialed in and it was nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoubleL

Reaction score
Matt at gear head tuned Zack pierce truck and he was over 1000 on fuel. Zack did a lot of data logging and sending information but they got that truck dialed in and it was nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not against this and in fact is what I've done with AE and a go pro pointed at gauges up to this point. Not to mention fairly time consuming waiting on a tune to come back or even be looked at,, not bad but if course slower than I'd wish for. I just think it's running too hot and could be improved upon with an expert in the passenger seat.

jbolen323

Reaction score
ive just recently had jay make some custom tunes through joe & ive been really happy. Saturday is our dyno day here in arizona so ill be able to post feedback.

Latest posts

Members online