Tuning 101 - Thread Merged with Injector Posts

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I agree with what was said above. I personally ran four different size sets injectors from two different builders and multiple tunes from different tuners and not one tuner got any of them to run like clockwork the first time or second or ever. Until your live tuned you won't have it right. Most tuners are really good at satisfying the masses with tunes that work and run fairly well but nothing compares to live tuning.

Charles

Reaction score
This sounds like a great idea. Can you get Jody, Jonathan, Tony, Justin, and Bill all the same files? That would help a lot.
Thanks.

If good files start showing up here and people started commenting on how they ran it would take care of itself. Everybody could and would load them up and compare notes.

I don't give a damn whose name is on it. If everybody was so great at tuning, people like you wouldn't run like a little girl from the idea of running a perfectly good nozzle like a 200 edm on a tow truck in an application a nozzle like that EXCELS in!

Everybody's had years and years to get sh*t straight, but larger nozzles are still damned. We're gonna fix that right up.

As it goes for everybody else, if you don't have anything positive to contribute to the goal of generating GOOD files for larger nozzles.... then don't type here.

This is a peer to peer tuning thread. I've got the okay from both fearless leaders and our trusted administrator. We're going to share files. Progress will finally be made and anybody not on board with that can just sell AD's happily.

Edited to de-tone response.

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
As to actual business...

I assume .bin files will be the filetypes everybody is using right? I'll be uploading 224k bin files.

If we got really crazy, and Crowz didn't go insane, we might have a little multi-size selector so that any file could be downloaded at any of the standard sizes.

For now, I'd say just upload and download at the file size you intend the receiving party to use.

Hopefully we can have something running shortly.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
If good files start showing up here and people started commenting on how they ran it would take care of itself. Everybody could and would load them up and compare notes.

I don't give a damn whose name is on it. If everybody was so great at tuning, people like you wouldn't run like a little girl from the idea of running a perfectly good nozzle like a 200 edm on a tow truck in an application a nozzle like that EXCELS in!

Everybody's had years and years to get sh*t straight, but larger nozzles are still damned. We're gonna fix that right up.

As it goes for everybody else, if you don't have anything positive to contribute to the goal of generating GOOD files for larger nozzles.... then don't type here.

This is a peer to peer tuning thread. I've got the okay from both fearless leaders and our trusted administrator. We're going to share files. Progress will finally be made and anybody not on board with that can just sell AD's happily.

Fair enough. I look forward to progress.

Built4tq

Reaction score
Definite truth in all that has been said. anyone with general common sense will be able to adjust what works for them accordingly, simply based on studying the knowledge of all. what works for one won't work for another. damn good thing...for if it did, we'd wouldn't have a variety of injector choices to choose from and all be driving with stock nozzles.(which some enjoy)

I personally thank all of you for your real world experience regardless of personal push. It certainly moves a momentum in me to experiment as well.

I've got swamps stock nozzle 175's right now and while I believe there to be a more suitable option these work quite well. just need to get into tuning first, and perhaps 200's then. they look and sound worthy.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Please guys lets keep this thread about tuning and the progress that we all would like to see.

I for one have tossed around the idea of doing my own tuning for years, but never felt that if I had issues, there would be a good place to go for answers. Now that we have this thread and the powers to be are on board with it, I am going to take the leap and give it a try. I feel confident that given the member base here at this site and the knowledge that we all have collectively that if I have an issue I will be able to find a resolution for it.

I hope this is the feeling that more members than just myself will get from this thread as it evolves. Please lets try to keep it positive and moving in a manor that will benefit us all.

superpsd

Reaction score
I have only made small calibration tweeks. Subscribed to learn more. First tune I ever tweeked was building a lope tune. I know there pointless and I have no use for one. However when I had my TS chip I had room for tunes so I picked lope. Would not lope and out of curiosity I talked with the vendor of chip and they said there is no custom tweek we can do to make it work. Staying that the early trucks don't have the capability in the response of the heui control. Took me a couple of tries to get the romp right but hey what do you know It worked. Pointless tune that I have never used since but it was nice to be able to adjust things that you want to play with instead of someone saying "it's impossible" Now I need to light fire under my feet to finish my injectors and join the 200% tune club.

Last edited:

N2GN2

Reaction score
I have a hydra and yes you just plug the usb cord into your computer to upload new tunes without pulling the chip. It is completely painless, plus there is room for 16 calibrations. I'm very interested in live tuning my truck and wouldn't hesitate to purchase Minotaur.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Unless you somehow decided to take matters into your own hands and started tuning last night you're in the wrong thread. This is for the I cans, not the I can'ts.

If you ever do decide to get off your smart ass and help fix the problem feel free to contribute. This will probably be the place for it. But the worthless bs should stay on the other thread and die with it.

Since you brought me in to this with your BS statements and you are soooooo smart why don't you explain the one thing that's going to give everyone fits that tries to use this one tune that you will collaborate on with everyone for a set of 200% nozzles?

Charles

Reaction score
Since you brought me in to this with your BS statements and you are soooooo smart why don't you explain the one thing that's going to give everyone fits that tries to use this one tune that you will collaborate on with everyone for a set of 200% nozzles?

There won't be one program smart ass. There will be dozens. And the reason I want to post up a large public file bank is literally because of exactly the kind of problems that you and Jim went round and round about to no end in the other thread, so it's kind of hard not to use your name when asked what this thread is for and you're the problem being solved here. See how your name comes up in the description of the issue needing solved?

Post number 2 from you with absolutely no contribution btw. If you were going to produce a solution, you would have done it by now. Just sell AD's and stay in the other thread unless you pick up your laptop and tackle the problem, then by all means, come here and show us anything you might have learned.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Charles, im over on php's webstore and the minotaur is for 6.0 and 7.3 which is what i figured it worked for. There is a list of codes for which the license you purchase will allow you to tune. Im looking for pcm strategies or even families and the numbers arent even remotely familiar.

My pcm is a nvk4...and i have two nvk 5 on a shelf. You know what numbers are relevant? They have a link to a list but its the road to nowhere.

dmeis

Reaction score
Charles, im over on php's webstore and the minotaur is for 6.0 and 7.3 which is what i figured it worked for. There is a list of codes for which the license you purchase will allow you to tune. Im looking for pcm strategies or even families and the numbers arent even remotely familiar.

My pcm is a nvk4...and i have two nvk 5 on a shelf. You know what numbers are relevant? They have a link to a list but its the road to nowhere.
You want the PMT family. It's the next revision from NVK and runs on the same PCM.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Charles

Reaction score

I've never understood why they don't just say DAC, VDH, AEB, NVK, so on and so forth...

Maybe it's because each template will work on multiple cache codes?

From some of my junk,

My 02 man AEB works with "T0AA5".

My 02 Auto with VDH, works with "TNAA4".

My 00 Man with DAC, works with "VOAA7"

I think the earlier autos were "VRAA6"

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Not to derail this thread, I thought it would fit perfect in here.

HP tuners is in beta for 7.3 support, so when it releases to public it would be another great tuning software for 7.3.

dmeis

Reaction score
Late 99 to 01 autos used a DPC-422 computer with box codes of NVK# then PMT#. PHP refers to it as VRAA6_PMT1.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Late 99 to 01 autos used a DPC-422 computer with box codes of NVK# then PMT#. PHP refers to it as VRAA6_PMT1.

Thank you and Charles! VRAA6. I do see that on there.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
One word of caution with uploading/downloading .bin files...since this will be publicly available...SCAN ANY FILE YOU DOWNLOAD FOR VIRUSES! I'm assuming that the admins are going to have to loosen up the upload restrictions to allow files that are not "image" files. This could create a situation where someone could maliciously upload a virus disguised as a tune file.

Make sure you are running an updated anti-virus software on your computer.

Download any files you want to work with to a designated folder.

Scan any files you download with your anti-virus / anti-malware software before attempting to do anything else with them.

Better safe than sorry!

Latest posts

Members online