Tuning 101 - Thread Merged with Injector Posts

cleatus12r

Reaction score
I'm out for now. I have some Grinch stuff to take care of.

Man I can't wait until January 4th when everything returns to normal and people get their minds dug out of their asses.

Charles

Reaction score
I run one program in all of my trucks. One calibration for everything. I don't get "multiple tunes" either, but then again, I tune my own junk and can make it how I want it....how it SHOULD be. The reason it matters is because your "template" for TNAA4 will not give the correct values if a VDH4 or VDH5 binary is inserted into the tuning software.

This is exactly why I say leave the file alone. And no doubt explains some of the total bs I have encountered when I knew there's no way this file has these values.

An advanced user should see that it's f'ed. Anybody else would just be loading it up and running it.

At all times.... it's marshal law, lol.

There is no need for 32K or 56K stuff anymore with the Quarterhorse. The definitions for Minotaur are available with 256K file sizes (and that's what the Quarterhorse and Hydra uses). Yes, the converters are on PHP's website.

If the converters are available then that's a self-solving problem. Nice. Can't believe I correctly remembered 56k. Must have burned in there real deep cause of all the anger, lol.

That might work, but today's society isn't going to agree.

Today's society is worthless. If you tell people that everything here will blow their engine up, and not to load it unless they want a rod hanging out the side and both head-gaskets blown at one time as well as the transmission to burst into flames and burn the truck down, surely they can get the point.

Half of a millisecond is an eternity with 200% nozzles. You should know that. All of my low-speed, low-load resolution has to be controlled by injection pressure. Under load, it's a non-issue.

If injectors are really getting spit out with this kind of armature to solenoid gapping problems then the problem will have to be handled in mass. That is, the existence of many files by many people running different injectors. Somebody should have the same mess if it's that proliferate.

Charles

Reaction score
I'm out for now. I have some Grinch stuff to take care of.

Man I can't wait until January 4th when everything returns to normal and people get their minds dug out of their asses.

I had to go to the hospital yesterday, which is directly in the middle of a huge retail nightmare.

If I still had the ranchand on the front I'd be in jail right now, lol. Everybody rolling around at idle.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Example :

Heres is a nice fake bin file. No this will not load into any tuner :)

Attachments

• f250.bin
    3.7 KB · Views: 54

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Its a pleasure to read along in threads like this. Regardless of someones views on the subject I think its fantastic that people are still innovating daily with the 7.3s.

We dabble in a little bit of tuning ourselves, but nothing to the extent that everyone is talking about here.

Charles

Reaction score
Sites accepted bin files since yesterday.

Awesome!

I'll try to load up something right now just so something is up that can be viewed, plus everybody can look at it and tell their buddies how much better they would have done it and the 72 different ways I totally botched the file and we can get all that out of the way.

LOL

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yeah here is Power Stroke Army's official stance on these bin files.....

<Insert official Legal sounding BS> The site, its owners, employees, their dogs, neighbors, and anyone else you can think of have no liability if you blow up your truck, car, go cart, microwave oven or anything else you force these tunes into.

We do not review, test, or even pay attention to whats uploaded here. So if you blow up your vehicle, other peoples vehicles, kill your cat with them or get infected by some deadly virus that harms anything or causes the zombie apocalypse we are not responsible any way, form or fashion.

Take it up with whoever uploaded the bin file not us.

<insert more legal bs to close this disclaimer>

ju015dd

Reaction score
Oh yeah here is Power Stroke Army's official stance on these bin files.....

<Insert official Legal sounding BS> The site, its owners, employees, their dogs, neighbors, and anyone else you can think of have no liability if you blow up your truck, car, go cart, microwave oven or anything else you force these tunes into.

We do not review, test, or even pay attention to whats uploaded here. So if you blow up your vehicle, other peoples vehicles, kill your cat with them or get infected by some deadly virus that harms anything or causes the zombie apocalypse we are not responsible any way, form or fashion.

Take it up with whoever uploaded the bin file not us.

<insert more legal bs to close this disclaimer>

awesome!!!!!! lol

Charles

Reaction score
This is the file on my truck right now. It is TOAA5, or AEB on the little white PCM tag in my case.

The only thing I'm aware of that I haven't gotten around to fixing is an idle romp when cold. The problem is obvious, just look at the ICP map. I haven't worked with these files much, as I said, it pretty well worked right out of the box. I just cut a hole in the ICP map around idle rpm and called it good for now. Obviously the ICP around idle rpm needs to flatten out a bit, but for the most part, it never does it, so I haven't taken the time to work on it. The last thing I was doing was picking a good idle rpm.

This file zips around good, tows a trailer really well and has excellent smoke control. Unlike the first few versions it does smoke if you nail it in certain areas, especially for someone with an actual manual trans I imagine. It also has substantially less power than two previous versions, but it still feels quite strong. Like, crew cab long bed on 35's passing 4 cars at once without issue.

As stated, if you run this file your engine will probably blow up and your trans will probably burst into flames and burn the whole truck down. If you're even remotely unable to bounce back from any sort of driveline issue, or being without your vehicle in perfect working order, don't even look at this file. It will break your truck.

View attachment GTR3 Idle New 4.bin

Charles

Reaction score
I downloaded the file back onto my desktop and opened it in Minotaur. Worked perfect.

We can now share files.

Anybody that's got something for auto trans trucks you're up, because my stuff is going to be for manual trans trucks.

Charles

Reaction score
I forgot to say, that in order to upload, you click on the little black paperclip on the top row of items, right next to smilies. Browse for your file and click upload.

After you upload the file, apparently you are not to click the text that says "close this window" as it may close your whole post. Instead, hit the x in the top of the little browser window to close it that way.

Then you should have a strange looking attachment inside your post. The real filename will not appear until you preview or submit.

Charles

Reaction score
Somebody splash a massive disclaimer up as the first post of this thread.

It should be clear that there is NO safety net here. No training wheels and no parachutes.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I put that disclaimer I posted into your first post :)

jngreen

Reaction score
Is the only way to view these files with minotaur or sniper or some other tuning software? What are our options here if we wanted to play and contribute?

cleatus12r

Reaction score
The ONLY way to see Charles' calibration is with a TOAA5 definition file in the correct file size format. Some things will show up ok with other definitions but some will give no useful data.

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
Icing on my 6 day Influenza A cake that has kept me from working on my Generator house where my 35kw diesel generator is sitting on a 400 gal diesel tank under a tarp right now is the fact that we lost power about an hour ago...

Just gets better and better eh?

LOL

Make lemonade right.

:)

On Edit:

Hey, power's back. Only a little over an hour this time. With all the rain it'll be a miracle if we don't lose it again.

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
The ONLY way to see Charles' calibration is with a TOAA5 definition file in the correct file size format. Some things will show up ok with other definitions but some will give no useful data.

So what do you think? Look retarded or what? Think an AEB truck will stroll down the road on that one or what?

Latest posts

Members online