tuning alone or add water injection?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Well finally have all my parts coming 468 1.10 housing is on the truck 300/200 injectors, banks 6.0 intercooler, dual hpop, I will admit I tow super heavy at times. (30k gross) I know I know trucks not rated for it but as you guys know in the west we got a bunch of long passes do yall think I should be able to keep my egts in check with tuning or should I just get a water meth to inject strictly water mist to cool? As of now with stock injectors and the 468 I never see egts even close to 1200 maybe 1100 if my, foots on the floor for 10 miles.. anyways truck is a 5 speed 4.10 truck. Thanks

golfer

Reaction score
If it was an auto trans...where a tuner could have complete control on fueling annnnd shifting..you should have no problem.

however, with a manual trans...even with spot on tuning...if you don't choose the right gear (rpm up/boost up)..then you could get yourself into trouble.

I'm running hybrids w/ 200% nozzles in both my auto and 6 speed truck..and certain programs do not, and can not be made to smoke or get hot...at any pedal position, in any gear...regardless of boost or rpm...however *I* don't tow.

just took some time to get the 6spd dialed in...the auto was easy.

I have customers that tow 25k+ with 3/2's (and autos) that can't get hot (without water in the appropriate tow tune)...and have plenty of power to pull above the speed limit, even on 6-9% grades.

tuning alone should do it...just have to find someone w/ experience with your combo & application.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Obviously, that power combination is not ideal for towing 20,000 lbs.+. I would say a live tune is going to be in order to get you satisfied with the whole setup. You will just have to get it all put together and see.

With a bunch of fuel pulled back, you may be able to keep EGT's in check without water/meth. It will just take some really fine tuning.

Latest posts

Members online