Tuning and exhaust back pressure

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying... sorry for getting too much into theories. I get a little carried away sometimes. I love talking turbos, compounds, turbo theory, triples, wastegates, etc... no matter what platform.

I will admit that I have zero experience with the RCD 75mm... Morgan speaks from experience.

I did not mean to imply that you will see higher EBP with the RCD 75. I only meant to point out that there are no absolutes and that there are some instances in which you could see abnormal results. I have learned there are not very many "absolutes" when it comes to turbos... results may vary

I completely understand. There are a huge amount of variables. And again, the theories are not wrong. But in real life for the exact combo we are speaking of, we know how they react. But you are in no way wrong with anything you've said.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
One more question to ask... If no plans for added fuel, what will be a better (turbo with stock turbine or the bigger turbine can still shine on stock fuel).... What I'm looking for is
a nice running truck with coolest egt's as possible...
Thanks,

Reaction score
One more question to ask... If no plans for added fuel, what will be a better (turbo with stock turbine or the bigger turbine can still shine on stock fuel).... What I'm looking for is

a nice running truck with coolest egt's as possible...

Thanks,

Honestly, stock fuel it's very hard to beat a properly gated 72/59. Fast spool and cool EGT's. The bigger atmo's still work in stock fuel. But for the money your not getting the best out of them.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Good point since these are drop ins....I have asked enough stupid questions for one thread so I will quit posting on this one.

LOL I think this has been a very informative thread for a lot of people. The explanations on bp and its correlation to the compressor side and shaft speed is a real eye opener! And I wouldn't say you asked any stupid questions!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online