Tuning Software

Charles

Reaction score
Charles, does your VDH2 show actual PW? I have older definitions and all my VDHx files do not show correct pulse width. I have to open up a PMT1 file, make adjustments there, then copy/paste back over to VDH. Kind of a pain. Been meaning to get with Bill on that and some updates as well.

I have no idea, I haven't been able to tune yet, lol. Since I have to upgrade to Minotaur now and my old laptop is getting slow as hell anyway, I'm getting another laptop before I set everything back up again. When I get it working I can comment on the template accuracy.

If I can't access this thing and get the converter locked pretty soon I'm going to have to take a pistol and shoot the PCM just to put it out of it's own misery. It doesn't seem to be able to handle the task of deciding when to lock the converter. Dumbest strategy ever...

Over the past months I have actually considered a toggle switch on the damn wire. Just LOCK!!! And stay that way!!!

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Dumbest strategy ever...

Over the past months I have actually considered a toggle switch on the damn wire. Just LOCK!!! And stay that way!!!

Agreed. This is what I did with my 03 as even with multiple tune adjustments it never seemed to work the way that I wanted it to.

Was kind of a pita and I forgot more than once to turn it off after a long drive but I knew it was locked when I wanted it locked.

CurtisF

Reaction score
I have no idea, I haven't been able to tune yet, lol. Since I have to upgrade to Minotaur now and my old laptop is getting slow as hell anyway, I'm getting another laptop before I set everything back up again. When I get it working I can comment on the template accuracy.

If I can't access this thing and get the converter locked pretty soon I'm going to have to take a pistol and shoot the PCM just to put it out of it's own misery. It doesn't seem to be able to handle the task of deciding when to lock the converter. Dumbest strategy ever...

LOL I understand. Give me a shout when you get up and tuning. I use VDH5 personally, easier to get rid of that TC lockup flare. VDH2 likes to freak out when you add a lot of power and try to get the TC to lock up. :fustrate:

Viking

Reaction score
I wish I had the time to tune myself....lord knows I get stupid obsessive and would become addicted.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Charles...... I can lend some tuning advice as I tune as well. To rid that pesky TC flare....

PCS..... :)

Curtris, my vdh PW is fine.

Mine bungs up when I try to copy and paste PMT to VDH or vs versa

Last edited:

CurtisF

Reaction score
Curtris, my vdh PW is fine.

Mine bungs up when I try to copy and paste PMT to VDH or vs versa
That's the only way I can tune my truck is to copy and past the PW map from PMT over to VDH. Otherwise I would have to do a lot math in my head and that just doesn't work out for me :badidea:

Latest posts

Members online