Tuning Suggestions!

6.0bomber

Reaction score
Currently running Eric's tunes from innovative. Just did the 190/100's, the whole fuel system, and the trans mods and i need to get my tunes re written. I like Eric's tunes but what else is out there? Ive been looking at Power Hungry Performance tunes, along with TSD tunes. Not a fan of gearhead's 4500 rpm WOT shifting and the fact that they are anti smokers. I run with the cummins guys, i like smoking! (Yeah yeah, bad tuning=smoke, i know) Suggest away!!!!
Would also love to SAVE MY TRANNY AS IM ON MY 4th 5r110!

Petro

Reaction score
I think I would have kept the I like smoke comment to myself, it really frowned upon around here and for good reason. But if your not willing to go to Gear head, I'd stay with IDP. My buddy has an IDP tuned 6.0 that runs phenomenal. Loved Erics tuning on my 6.4 also. But in all actuality, I'm sure you'd be happy with any of the big names custom tuners. They have good reps for a reason.

Last edited:

baderic03

Reaction score
Matt at gearhead or tony wildman Seem to be the guys to goto. I know one tuner couldn't get my new injectors to run with out surging and it was a nightmare. But all fixed now.

6.0bomber

Reaction score
I think I would have kept the I like smoke comment to myself, it really frowned upon around here and for good reason. But if your not willing to go to Gear head, I'd stay with IDP. My buddy has an IDP tuned 6.0 that runs phenomenal. Loved Erics tuning on my 6.4 also. But in all actuality, I'm sure you'd be happy with any of the big names custom tuners. They have good reps for a reason.

I smoke responsibly

imelmo

Reaction score
Gearhead, Innovative, and Truck Source Diesel have always been my favorites. Which one works best will depend on the truck and your personal preferences.

sootie

Reaction score
gearhead is awesome.

remember-better spooling is with hot air not cold smoke. i believe there is an issue if his tune is shifting at 4500.

Gearhead

Reaction score
O boy... didn't think we offered a 4500 rpm shift option... I'll charge extra next time!

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
O boy... didn't think we offered a 4500 rpm shift option... I'll charge extra next time!

Lol!

Op:
So you're telling me that you don't want to run one of, if not the best tuning on your truck because it doesn't smoke? :morons: Ok. That makes sense. Who cares if Matt's tunes would make an extra 15hp and shift smoother on the street, it's all about the oraling!

:slap:

Since we're complaining about Matt's tunes, I hate them because they make by back tires spin when I hit the go pedal. How dare you give my truck all this power and such little smoke Matt!? Lol

And if you killed one trans, why not upgrade? It'd be cheaper than buying 3 stock trannies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

05stroker350

Reaction score
Lol!

Op:
So you're telling me that you don't want to run one of, if not the best tuning on your truck because it doesn't smoke? :morons: Ok. That makes sense. Who cares if Matt's tunes would make an extra 15hp and shift smoother on the street, it's all about the oraling!

:slap:

Since we're complaining about Matt's tunes, I hate them because they make by back tires spin when I hit the go pedal. How dare you give my truck all this power and such little smoke Matt!? Lol

And if you killed one trans, why not upgrade? It'd be cheaper than buying 3 stock trannies

Bro, he wants to keep power braking it in front of his Cummings friends to be sooo kewl. Plus, that would make too much sense.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Who wants clean tunes, gotta oral all teh coalz on the Cummings guys!

Buys custom tunes, has problem, doesn't talk to tuner to resolve it. Logically.

Last edited:

B.Warning

Reaction score
I run with the CUMMINGS guys, i like smoking and oraling Cole and his pole! (Yeah yeah, bad tuning=smoke, i know) Suggest away!!!!
Would also love to SAVE MY TRANNY AS IM ON MY 4th 5r110!

e4emajym.jpg

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OBS F350

Reaction score
So if all your Cummings friends end up blowing other dudes are you going to follow suit? How about instead of following in the trends of your Dumbass friends you do a turbo upgrade and get some tunes from matt and show them smoke doesn't equal power? Ah who am I kidding I'm sure you only bought a diesel to oral in the first place.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.