Turbo boost issue

Stroke2broke

Reaction score
2006 f350 just did oil cooler and when putting everything back together I can't get any boost. Vgt duty cycle stays at .84 and when I let off throttle it will jump down to .68 but immediately back to .84 where is stays. I checked all my sensors and checked for leaks and can't find anything. I also just moved to Charleston, South Carolina and don't know of any diesel shops down here so I am reluctant to take it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Fheck the vgt pigtail. I've seen plenty of them damaged. Also, can your turbo be sticking, or did it run awesome before?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
It is more than likely an issue with your ebp, maf, map, or vgt

Monitor ebp, maf, and boost to see if anything seems abnormal. It could be a leak, clogged tube/hose, bad sensor or chaffed wire.

Stroke2broke

Reaction score
Turbo ran great before . EBP reads 100 psi!!!! No boost really because vgt duty cycle stays at .84

Stroke2broke

Reaction score
Ok so KOEO, it's at 100. Now I unplugged the sensor and and KOEO its at 43 and my vgt duty cycle changes. I'm lost. I guess it sounds like the sensor is bad

Stroke2broke

Reaction score
Do you know if it is a simple fix? Should I replace the sensor itself or the pigtail? Not real big on this electrical garbage

05wh250

Reaction score
I would think it's the sensor. Just screw it out and screw the new one in. Check the harness for any chafing, I'm right there with you on electrical.

Stroke2broke

Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to pick up a new sensor next week. I can try to wrench all day but this electrical stuff is throwin me for a loop

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would replace the pigtail at the same time. Not a big deal, comes with butt connectors and heat shrink from ford. If its an 05 and newer, where the sensor is below the degas, they tend rtf o chafe on the hose underneath the degas. Also, no matter what year, they tend to corrode for some reason.

Stroke2broke

Reaction score
So I replaced the sensor and no change. I guess it's time to do the pigtail.... Ugh I'm over it already

Latest posts

Members online