turbo conversion question

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
I'm helping my friend put a SD turbo on his truck. He liked nine. But he proposed to me a good question in theory it should work. Here is the question

On the exhaust side of the turbo that bolts the center chunk to to exhaust housing (x4 8mm 12pt bolts) why couldn't you slide the superduty turbo into the obs exhaust housing ? And continue with the swap? Some one on .org did it with a e99 turbo and obs exhaust housing

Would it not work with a l99 even with up pipes and the manifold swap and use the t3 or what ever foot?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Are you wanting to put a SD turbo in an OBS? Put a SD turbo pedestal in and yes you could keep the OBS turbine and collector as long as you use the SD up pipes.

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I meant. When I did mine on my 97 my buddy had a e99. With a l99 manifold and up pipe. He gave to me. It worked. So we would still have to switch manifolds? ( drivers side)

When people ask about doing SD swaps on a obs why does everyone say get the vband collector? Seems like it would be easier. Are there any differences from the obs turbine wheel to the SD?

Where can I find me a van y turbo manifold? EBay doesn't have any

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The SD turbine wheel has a smaller exducer. So you would need to put the OBS turbine wheel and shaft in the SD center section.

kudszoo

Reaction score
I'm building a SD 6.0 , mine is 04 model , putting a wizard wheel impeller on it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.