turbo help

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
need some ideas on a turbo. the truck is my daily driver and my track toy i would love to see 600+hp i got warrens 205/100s,air dog 2 regulated return/ fuel bowl delete, studded,egr delete, banks intercooler,ram air intake, banks intake, 4inch staight pipe sct tuner, xdp sump ideas please i am in need of a turbo and want to make alot of power

strokethis_06

Reaction score
S366 should put you over 600.

I am running an s366 and 275s and it pulls hard as hell but Im not holding icp.

Next week I should have dual hpop and s475. I will let you know how that is.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
A 66/73 is good for 650 as a single if you have the fuel to support it.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Unless you're going to go with a box 366, I would just pay the extra money and get a MTW Stage 3. I will admit that I've seen some really impressive 366 videos for sure, but if you start adding things to them, then the price starts going up. Either way though, I wouldn't even think about running a non-VGT turbo (that is big enough for mid 600hp) without divided up-pipes.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You can get a box 66 for 650... My cast spools faster than a 1300 billet version on a friends truck.. That garret charger is 3 times the price of a box 66 too. Pick your poison, its your truck and money

strokethis_06

Reaction score
You can get a box 66 for 650... My cast spools faster than a 1300 billet version on a friends truck.. That garret charger is 3 times the price of a box 66 too. Pick your poison, its your truck and money

My thoughts exactly. Spend the money elsewhere.

Reaction score
My thoughts on Vgt vs non Vgt is that with the mtw it's a drop in you can switch back and forth between stock tuning without setting sensors or dash lights off and the truck will still drive / perform fine, also it's easy to work on ... Just like a stock truck because it sits in there like stock and uses stock parts.... Just my 2 cents

strokethis_06

Reaction score
My thoughts on Vgt vs non Vgt is that with the mtw it's a drop in you can switch back and forth between stock tuning without setting sensors or dash lights off and the truck will still drive / perform fine, also it's easy to work on ... Just like a stock truck because it sits in there like stock and uses stock parts.... Just my 2 cents

S366 will work with same downpipe and intake as stock. Only thing that changes are up pipes oil feed and drain. Hot side cav boot. Once you do this the sky is the limit on swapping turbos.

There is a very limited choice of drop in turbos.

Then there is the $600 vs $thousands

Reaction score
Yeah but what about the tuning aspect. What happens when the trucks gotta go to the shop and you wanna put it back to stock so the shop minions don't go doin stupid sh*t on the test drive? But hey if you do your own work or don't care about other people beating on your truck then the tuning aspect doesn't matter lol. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against non vgts because I love how they run down the track and they hands down sound downright dirty but I just like to spend a little more to keep it simple .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.