Turbo installation

Kbryant777

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm getting ready to swap the stock turbo out and put in a 68mm pmax. I have never swap turbos or anything. Any tip, tricks, or advice you guys have? Is there any gaskets or anything I need to get before I start this? Thanks in advance.

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
I'm about to do the swap myself. They should be drop in replacements so it will use all the stock hoses, clamps, bolts, etc.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Might need a new oil supply gasket on the top of the turbo, and a set of orings for the drain are always good to have on hand just in case you pinch one...

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Get a turbo install kit. Like 30 bucks. New orings for return. Feed gasket and new turbo mount bolts

strokin6L

Reaction score
The biggest pain in the ass is getting the V-band clamp off of the Y-pipe/turbo inlet connection. I usually use a pry bar and a hammer cause it's on there pretty good even when loosened all the way up.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Tools needed. Deep well 7/16 socket, 10 mm wrench, 10mm socket, extensions, flat heads. First time will take you about 1.5 hours to get it off. Once you get good its quick. I can have them swapped in under an hour.

Kbryant777

Reaction score
Damn even exact tools needed...now I call that service lol. Thanks. Hopin to have old one off and new one installed in 3-5hrs. With your guys help it might be quicker now

MorganY

Reaction score
once you have it unbolted and free'd from the oil drain, go slow, and roll the charger out of the engine bay to the left of the alternator. Don't get too excited and rip it out and crack the plastic cowl, or damage the MAP hose or engine harness. Be sure and move the plastic wiring harness in front of the turbo up and out of the way. You can remove the alternator if you want to make it easier, but its not necessary.

as for the rear 10mm turbo hold down bolt...DO NOT STRIP IT!!! use a quality socket or wrench.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i'd remove the alternator if i was you. It only takes a few minutes and makes for a bit more room taking it out and reinstalling.

Kbryant777

Reaction score
Just wanna say thanks to you guys. I have the stocker off and have to say it wasn't bad at all. Took me maybe an hour or so. The 68 pmax will be here tues so I'll update you guys on how it went back together but thanks again for the tips

weazel

Reaction score
I like it allot, I have an EBP sensor going so I have not experienced it in it's full glory but it is doing well so far and it sounds nasty

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.