turbo options

smokedout250

Reaction score
Ok so I know I did this on psn but its looking like next month or july I should be able to get a turbo I was thinking d66 but I wanna what options I have besides that let me know boys

rc4wd

Reaction score
Well if you wanna swap over to the superduty style setup you could just go with a 38r or you could go ahead and do an h2e style setup which would give you even more options as far as changing turbos as you mod the truck more.

95powersmoker

Reaction score
You could run a 38r... You would need the turbo, ped, drivers side manifold.. etc...

You could switch to a hypermax kit and run a modded H2E or the like...

I think a D66 is going to work perfect for your injectors...

JDub

Reaction score
We've had great success with the Hypermax style turbos, either the standard H2E or our QSSB turbo. GQSSB is a good option as well, just depends on what size injectors you're wanting to run. Plus, we can send the kit to work with or without an intercooler.

rc4wd

Reaction score
From what I know now versus what I knew when I did my swap and installed my 38r I would most likely do an h2e style setup just because its roughly the same amount of work and there are more options for turbos with those mounting kits. I am very satisfied with my 38r though it has done everything i have asked of it so far.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Well for now its my dd so I'm looking for the best setup that will work with my 160cc injectors with 30% nozzels I will eventually got to 100% I'm not running my ic at the moment still needing to build the the driver side tube lol

smokedout250

Reaction score
player.swf

JDub

Reaction score
I'd go with the H2E or QSSB turbocharger, we'd be able to send the kit with intercooler pipes that would most likely bolt up to what you've already got. Might have to modify them slightly depending on where the I/C inlet and outlets are in the core support. Those turbos will support 400hp and be very driveable and great for towing...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The d66 is becoming a better and better option for the OBS guy not wanting to go past 238s.
THere are enough tunes and people out there running 238s or smaller injectors with that turbo and doing awesome. Great mannors and what not.
Just be sure to tune it to keep drive pressures in check, and i wouldnt suggest sled pulling or drag racing every weekend with it haha

Tom S

Reaction score
It just takes switching to the SD pieces like the up pipes, pedestal, manifolds ect. I will work on a write up here in time once we have a library section.

Latest posts

Members online