turbo question

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Whats the big benifit of the 71 and stock fuel? Power and boost is there pretty quik with my truck...how much more can you really flow through the boost pipe inbeetween the two? I'm seeing 45/50 psi how much or what ar you gaining? How much more boost do you need without extra fuel? Them are my thaughts....no expert by any means.....I'd like to see rudys motor though when I pop my hood lol....

Its not about boost its about mass air flow.

71mm turbo is good for an.extra 40-60 HP with no real gains in boost. On stock fuel

Its all about efficiency

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I got the money to get it and that's the one I want. Just seeing opinions on both and whether or not ill have trouble with it gettin air. I have a banks cai right now will it flow enough or do I need to get an s&b or something? Thanks keep it up.

Im running a banks intake still with a 76mm. Lid is off and no movement of the minder. Mal ran a banks for a long time with max powers but it needed more and changed up to a custom. I say save the money for the turbo and pull the lid off.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Whats the big benifit of the 71 and stock fuel? Power and boost is there pretty quik with my truck...how much more can you really flow through the boost pipe inbeetween the two? I'm seeing 45/50 psi how much or what ar you gaining? How much more boost do you need without extra fuel? Them are my thaughts....no expert by any means.....I'd like to see rudys motor though when I pop my hood lol....

Lower temps, way more power, way faster truck.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Ok ill give the banks a try and if not ill replace it. Will it hurt running lid off as far as dust and stuff?

No. Its no different. Louder. I pull pantyhose over my filter to keep the big debris. You can also buy a filter sock for a better look. But I like to just pull it off and toss it. You have already paid the money for the intake. Give it a shot. If you dont like it your out nothing. Also i vote for the 71 fwiw.

Last edited:

strokin08

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Well I'm almost positive now the elite is getting ordered Monday. Done talked to several people that say it will be a perfect setup for me with me towing. Thanks for all yhe help and if anybody else got anything to add feel free. I'm taking any advice or info.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Well I'm almost positive now the elite is getting ordered Monday. Done talked to several people that say it will be a perfect setup for me with me towing. Thanks for all yhe help and if anybody else got anything to add feel free. I'm taking any advice or info.

Let me know if I can help buddy :D

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

I think you are gonna be the happiest with that turbo setup. Hard to beat the bang for the buck.

strokin08

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It will be getting started Monday hopefully. Said ill have it back next weekend. I'm ready to see how it does

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.