Turbo question?

Reaction score
Ok guys, so ive been running around with my modded 15 turbo for a few weeks now. Ive noticed that when i run it for the first time when cold or until the motor warms up my egts get pretty high. For instance when my oil and coolant temp is below 120 and im driving normally around 55mph my egts will rise up to 900 degrees or so. But once the motor gets over 150, my egts stay around 580 to 600. Is this normal? Also twice ive noticed when its ben cold and snowing while driving down the highway at 55 and my egt are you to 890 and are there for a few min or so. My turbo will shutter. Is there normal for box h&s tunes? will it get better with diffrent tunes or is there a problem? Like i said it only does it when cold. Thanks, Eric

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok guys, so ive been running around with my modded 15 turbo for a few weeks now. Ive noticed that when i run it for the first time when cold or until the motor warms up my egts get pretty high. For instance when my oil and coolant temp is below 120 and im driving normally around 55mph my egts will rise up to 900 degrees or so. But once the motor gets over 150, my egts stay around 580 to 600. Is this normal? Also twice ive noticed when its ben cold and snowing while driving down the highway at 55 and my egt are you to 890 and are there for a few min or so. My turbo will shutter. Is there normal for box h&s tunes? will it get better with diffrent tunes or is there a problem? Like i said it only does it when cold. Thanks, Eric

get some new tunes !!!

let me know if I can get you them and an mcc unlock !

maxxedout

Reaction score
get some new tunes !!!

let me know if I can get you them and an mcc unlock !

X2 for this... Believe me, the right tuning will make or break the drivability of one of these 2015 turbo retrofits. H&S generic tunes aren't terrible, but a tune optimized for the 2015 turbo made a huge difference on my 2012 with the StreetMax.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Maxxedout said it perfect, truck ran okay with tuning I had, SPE in my case but when Morgan sent me the Gearhead tuning for the 15 turbo, truck really woke up and made the truck much more daily driver friendly and more power to boot. Drives like factory if your just putting around and $hits and gets if you give her some fuel. Best upgrade next to the turbo that I've done.

Keith

jcain

Reaction score
I wonder if Matt (gearhead) is handing out the tune him and I worked on with the 15 retro. We're up to 36psi on stock 12 fueling and it's downright healthy. It is a tad aggressive pulling heavy though, boost comes up too fast and hard for my comfort.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I haven't seen boost over 34psi but I haven't really driven too much. I won't really tow heavier till next month when we start to hit the track but that's only 13-14k. I am impressed with what little I have driven though, much more refined.

Keith

jcain

Reaction score
Correct. Should see about 30psi until 2200rpm then it'll ramp up after that.
We started at 30 total then worked on the higher rpm stuff after we got the low rpm stuff worked out

RedRice589

Reaction score
I wonder if Matt (gearhead) is handing out the tune him and I worked on with the 15 retro. We're up to 36psi on stock 12 fueling and it's downright healthy. It is a tad aggressive pulling heavy though, boost comes up too fast and hard for my comfort.

I haven't seen boost over 34psi but I haven't really driven too much. I won't really tow heavier till next month when we start to hit the track but that's only 13-14k. I am impressed with what little I have driven though, much more refined.

Keith

Correct. Should see about 30psi until 2200rpm then it'll ramp up after that.
We started at 30 total then worked on the higher rpm stuff after we got the low rpm stuff worked out

I ran gearhead tuning and power picked up for sure. And unlike jcain i didnt think it came on too fast but i drive hard anyways. Never checked egts to be honest just drove the piss out of it and it did great had 26k on box h &s tunes and 10k on the gearhead tunes. Would pull 34 psi max but stayed at 31 for what i saw. And i was not nice to that poor truck.

Reaction score

He has done a lot of changes here even in the last few weeks. He now has factory turbo files to go with instead of trying to cobble up the 11-14 tables to work. From what I hear they are doing good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.