Turbo Selection

bdm1981

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my turbo here shortly cause I think its on the downside. I'm not looking to make a lot of power cause I daily drive this truck and tow only 10% of the time. Just want something simple and not too expensive...lol. Basically a replacement for the stock junk turbo. Definitely something more reliable. Tired of worrying all the time on when the damn thing is gonna give out. Appreciate the input guys.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
If you want relatively cheap, ease of install, and more reliability, then the 15 retro swap of your liking is the way to go. You can go the completely stock 15 turbo route or go with a slightly modified 15 turbo with the kit but any of them are worlds better than the 11-14 stocker. Give Morgan at Midwest a shout and he can get you squared away, awesome customer service too!!

Keith

bdm1981

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't mind going to a 15 model turbo but wouldn't I have to do fuel system upgrades? I was looking more into just a basic bolt in replacement of the stock turbo. Simple and cheap. Just a more reliable turbo. I'm kinda on a budget...lol. Thanks for the input guys.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
No need to do fuel system upgrade, runs just fine with the stock 11-14 fuel system. You could get a little more out of it with more fuel but Morgan has worked with his own and others tuning to really dial in this setup.

Keith

Reaction score
We would be more than happy to set you up with a retrofit kit! We can do a stock 15 charger swap which will give you a little boost in power and get rid of that troublesome turbo in there now or we can upgrade you to the towmaxR or streetmaxR for even more power. Those kits will come with everything you need to adapt the truck to that charger. As far as fueling, no fueling upgrades are really that necessary but there is some room to improve with a '15 pump if you'd like. If this is something you're interested in, give me a call on Monday and ill get you taken care of!

PSDJohn

Reaction score
I was the same way, constantly worried about the turbo all the time. The stocker made a weird noise and started surging this past week. Couldnt live with that so i ended up ordering a midwest streetmax.

superstroked90

Reaction score
Is just got a street max from Midwest. I love it! Austin was very helpful with all my questions

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online