Turbo sizing for 225's

DBQLSC

Reaction score
So, I'm trying to get an idea on turbo sizing for a set of 225 100%. The truck does not see any towing just going to be my really pissed off DD. Part off me says RCD's 68mm VGT, and the other part is saying a non-vgt 66mm-ish large single. But with that comes a/r options. .70 t3 or .88 t4? Compounds could come in the future but it would be awhile. How bad would the spool-up be? A pita to DD, or something you can get used to? What is everyones opinion?

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Alot depends on how much you want to spend as well. The uppipes are very restrictive on these trucks, MPD, Cutting-Edge and others have better flowing uppipes but that adds cost. If your on a budget, there is a t3 adapter and RCD pedestal for a s300 in the classifieds for cheap. The responsiveness of a VGT makes for a fun street truck. You just have to decide what you want and how much you want to spend.
And i wouldnt expect your transmission to last very long with either one of those options.

FWIW: MPD's setup will probably be my next setup, just trying to decide on what charger to run.

nvme_63

Reaction score
66/71.70 but you need to open up gate port or run an external gate to keep drive pressure in check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt

Reaction score
What size sticks is Craig running on the new single kit of his? That set up looks like a winner to me.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
big LOL

i'd look into a 66/68 with a t4 divided .83 exhaust housing and divided up pipes... craig will be testing this turbo shortly.. should spool very well

DBQLSC

Reaction score
I had always thought that there was no reason that a 66 with a .80ish a/r should have outrageous trouble spooling if you keep the up-pipes divided all the way to the turbine. Now if I just had a spare engine laying around for mock-up, we'd be in business.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
I had always thought that there was no reason that a 66 with a .80ish a/r should have outrageous trouble spooling if you keep the up-pipes divided all the way to the turbine. Now if I just had a spare engine laying around for mock-up, we'd be in business.

whats the largest diameter pipe you can fit into each side of a t3 flange though :D? Then again you really couldnt get much more restrictive than that stock collector, unless you use the t3 or t4 adapters off of the factory vband lol. Craigs t4 kit looks beautiful, if i didnt make all my stuff myself then i would have ordered 2 of his kits by now. :rockon:

Latest posts

Members online