Turbo Time..

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
16k HOLY CRAP

It as bought and the windows were tinted the next day then the day after that an east coast trip was taken. Put 8500 miles on in the first 3 weeks then the fireball run was 3200 miles. No tuner or anything on it at that point. Just the h&s, exhaust, and intake for the last few thousand. The first two times it did this to me it was still untuned but the last couple weeks it's been getting more frequent.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
It as bought and the windows were tinted the next day then the day after that an east coast trip was taken. Put 8500 miles on in the first 3 weeks then the fireball run was 3200 miles. No tuner or anything on it at that point. Just the h&s, exhaust, and intake for the last few thousand. The first two times it did this to me it was still untuned but the last couple weeks it's been getting more frequent.

Keep us updated. I wonder whats causing it? my 6.7 is a 2012 and its been on the spartan 200 warhammer since it had 200 miles on it and I'm really hard on it everyday no problems. Has 19,000 miles IIRC right now.

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
That sucks man I've been crazy hard on mine all stock tuned with no problems so far! Keeps us updated!!!
Will do!

Keep us updated. I wonder whats causing it? my 6.7 is a 2012 and its been on the spartan 200 warhammer since it had 200 miles on it and I'm really hard on it everyday no problems. Has 19,000 IIRC right now.

It's hard to believe it's the turbo but replacement seems to fix this issue. May be something that gets replaced when the turbos are replaced.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Will do!

It's hard to believe it's the turbo but replacement seems to fix this issue. May be something that gets replaced when the turbos are replaced.

Thats weird because most of the turbo problems are on the narrow frame chassis cab trucks. I only heard of a few wide frame pickup with blown turbo's but of of them are 2011 and 2012's. Please keep us updated.

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Thats weird because most of the turbo problems are on the narrow frame chassis cab trucks. I only heard of a few wide frame pickup with blown turbo's but of of them are 2011 and 2012's. Please keep us updated.

I've heard of adjusting the wastegate rod to prevent surging but haven't looked into it yet

bigaF250

Reaction score
Our 12 did the same thing. At around 45mph it would surge and sounded like the wastegate was fluctuating and would make the whole truck shake and jerk around. Started doing that with 12k on it and still going, at 20k now. Stealership told us it was normal and they wouldn't do anything with it until something actually happened with it.

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Our 12 did the same thing. At around 45mph it would surge and sounded like the wastegate was fluctuating and would make the whole truck shake and jerk around. Started doing that with 12k on it and still going, at 20k now. Stealership told us it was normal and they wouldn't do anything with it until something actually happened with it.

Doesn't sound like an acceptable response to me!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
sorry to hear ray .. just put an aftermarket turbo on and be done!

Latest posts

Members online