Turbo Timer Radio Issue

Wrecho

Reaction score
I just finished installing a crimestopper alarm that has a turbo timer option. When you use the turbo timer the radio comes back on and stays on for the entire 10 minutes.

I worked around this by tapping into the white/yellow accessory wire at the ignition and ran a wire to my radio's red accessory 12v input. Now the radio turns off with the key and immediatly when the turbo timer is done.

The only drawback is that the radio will not operate when you turn the key all of the way to the back position. I rarely use that option though. If I do need to in the future then I will work something else out.

I have a 2003 F-250 6.0

Zmann

Reaction score
I rarely use my turbo timer since I drive residential the last mile home and it's all cooled off by then

but When I do I just hit My auto start before I shut her down and She stays running for my preset time ,, and yes the Radio stays on via the retained power but I don't see the problem ? turn it down ???

Last edited:

Wrecho

Reaction score
I have an amp for the subwoofer that draws a lot more amperage than just the standard radio. If your radio is totally stock then it will probably not matter.

Plus, I just like know that things are working the way I want them to. :)

Zmann

Reaction score
I am amped also but at low levels it doesn't draw much

but agreed it's all about they way you want it

MossBack

Reaction score
Sounds like a feedback issue from the tapped power. This can easily fixed with a simple diode( electrical one way valve) .

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.