turbo whistle

Csmyj

Reaction score
I have a 03 truck and put a 4" straight pipe on it and at first the whistle sounded cool and all but now it's getting a little annoying exspecially with my windows down. I was wondering if I went with a 5" straight pipe if the whistle would just be louder or if the exhaust would grumble more over it. On my 04 I had a 5" exhaust and it was throaty and more of a growl and I'd rather hear the growl over the whistle if that makes sense?

CyrusLoewen

Reaction score
I've heard that a 5in drones... The other option is a twister. I just put one in my pickup with the stock exhaust and it made it totally bearable! It was totally straight and I put it where the cat was. It's stock pipe tho.

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

bad moose

Reaction score
I have an 03 with muffler and 4 inch exhaust. When I posed the same questions everyone stated that a resonator is the way to knock down the whistle. It would be cheaper than getting a new exhaust, that you're thinking of. I think it was a FTE resonator and there is a sponsor that sell them.

For what it's worth, I never did anything and still have the whistle. I agree it is annoying at times, especially around town. But I just live with it because at cruising speeds I can't hear it.

Csmyj

Reaction score
I'd rather hear the drone then the constant whistle. Anyone know who sales the resonator? My 04 with the elite vgt ss turbo whistled about the same I think as the 03 turbo but with the 5" exhaust driving that drone and growl covered it up pretty good. Maybe it's coming down to I really rather have the drone and growl of the 5" compared to the sound of a 4" as well?

Not looking to trade it sorry.

Csmyj

Reaction score
So basically it's a muffler? I'm wondering if I will loose just the whistle or exhaust tone too?

junglejoe

Reaction score
I have a 4 inch downpipe and 5 inch out the back, there is NOT much drone, and to answer you question, you put a 5 inch exhaust on there, it's going to be a lot louder(whistle)

Csmyj

Reaction score
I have a 4 inch downpipe and 5 inch out the back, there is NOT much drone, and to answer you question, you put a 5 inch exhaust on there, it's going to be a lot louder(whistle)

Ok that's what I was wondering. I guess I'm gonna have to get one of those resonators or live with it lol!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.