Turbosmart BOV for the 6.7??

mattmal9

Reaction score
Just curious on the pros and cons of installing one of these on our trucks? I just came across a article where a guy said he installed one his truck. Has anyone done it on here? Is it difficult? Any real gain to installing one?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Bout the only thing that a BOV will help with is for turbo surge when letting of the throttle quickly under hard acceleration. At least that's what they're designed for. Most people put them on for the cool factor.

Last edited:

mattmal9

Reaction score
Bout the only thing that a BOV will help with is for turbo surge when letting of the throttle quickly under hard acceleration. At least that's what they're designed for. Most people put them off for the cool factor.

Do agree with the cool factor, would definitely turn heads. would it be difficult install on the 6.7?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I honestly couldn't tell you on a 6.7. The main thing is getting the controller tapped into your throttle position sensor signal wire and adjust the controller when you let off the throttle it will open the valve. The rest is figuring out where to mount the BOV itself weather that be hot side charge pipe going into the intercooler system or on the cold side going into the turbo. That's up to you. Here are the instructions from Turbo smart. Also the instruction from BD diesel for the 6.4 as reference, the wiring portion of course is going to be different and they use a different controller.

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/TS-0304-1001-BOV-controller-AUG-12.pdf

BD:
http://www.dieselperformance.com/productManual/(I-00256)_1047250-2511.pdf

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I have a BD on my 6.7. Granted it's far from a stock turbo setup, if you need help on which wire to tap let me know! When mine opens at 75lbs of boost it is something serious lol

Latest posts

Members online