Twin Turbo's, Big Power, for Towing. Who do I Call???

Ross3031

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade power for better towing. Twin turbo setup is what im looking for (unless you guys tell me something different). Anyone have any suggestions? Best place to call?

Thanks...

anth

Reaction score
I think twin turbos would be a little over kill unless you have a built motor. Dual fuelers and a s369 will get you in the 650 ball park and tow just fine from what I've read. I know a s365 on stock 13 fuel gets the job done no problem. Also if you go big power the transmission will be next on the list, if you beat the crap out of it. May also hit up "jcain" on here or Dan "disteiler" don't think I spelled that correct, Anyways. Jon "jcain" has a 13 that runs very nice and tows plenty, and Dan has a built 13 and tows a ton, hit them up for some real world information. Mike at no limit and Morgan at Midwest would also be on the top list of people to talk to, and should also be able to get you squared away with any parts you might need. Good luck.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Give me a call I can go over all your options with you. All depends on your budget !

java

Reaction score
How heavy will you be towing? My dads 6.7 has an elite turbo kit with their 64.7 Vgt with gear head tuning and with loads 20-25k the turbo gets a little laggy. It's not too bad but anything bigger wouldn't be fun to tow with Imo. Everyone has a different opinion on what is fine for towing so you will get a different answer from every person lol

Swsignal5

Reaction score
My s475 over stock towed like a monster with low egts. And that's a cheap turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Is anyone even doing a compound kit anymore? Seems like everyone just kinda accepts a single as the end all be all for 6.7's. And yes I know stock rods and compounds don't mix, consider that horse dead and beaten!

Motostroker

Reaction score
I'm about to put a gtx4202R in front of my stock 15 turbo. 80 horse tow file. And run it. If I loaded a nasty race file then the bottom end would hate it, I only want useable towing power though. I don't care about all out breaking dyno power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipkyss

Reaction score
curious what you need more power to tow? I roll at 28k lbs and my tuned 15 will pull the biggest hills I have seen on the east coast at 3/4 throttle doing 75mph. These trucks pull better then most medium duty and some heavy duty trucks would with the same load.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I am wondering as well. Seems like a guy might want to do a gear change....
At some point, that might be wiser choice to maintain safety, longevity, drivability and less issues than stacking turbos. If you can't tow your weights with a properly configured 6.7, then maybe you need a medium duty truck to do it safely?

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
I am wondering as well. Seems like a guy might want to do a gear change....
At some point, that might be wiser choice to maintain safety, longevity, drivability and less issues than stacking turbos. If you can't tow your weights with a properly configured 6.7, then maybe you need a medium duty truck to do it safely?

100% agree

Notneb

Reaction score
I mean in theory sure compounds would be way cooler on egt's but honestly it seems like you're trying to use Cummins logic on a Powerstroke, a single Vgt with gears and you're good.

Profuzz

Reaction score
Tow boss uses 4:30 gears for a reason !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online