Two transmission codes and wrench ligh

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I am having it rebuilt and installing a billet converter. We were talking and he said he will have to reset the shift adapts in the computer

Will that have any affect on the tune that is in it or would I need to have it set back to stock for any reason?

You would have to set it back to stock prior to him doing that and then retune it, otherwise he is going to screw up your Spartan tuning.

superstroked

Reaction score
You would have to set it back to stock prior to him doing that and then retune it, otherwise he is going to screw up your Spartan tuning.

Even if the tune that is in it utilizes stock shifting? Im asking because I don't have the stock file on the card anymore and all of the tunes are for non-EGR

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Even if the tune that is in it utilizes stock shifting? Im asking because I don't have the stock file on the card anymore and all of the tunes are for non-EGR

Depends on if its stock as in Fords factory file or stock as in a "stock like" Spartan file. You may want to call Spartan and talk to Spade just to be 100% sure, other wise it could cost you a couple of Big Face Hundreds. .

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I hope I am not experiencing the same issue. Been running GH Hot street for a while driving it normally trying to get the best fuel mileage I can. Has gotten hung in 3rd twice now and then yesterday I was taking off at a redlight and it started shifting crazy, through a wrench and then wouldn't shift into OD. Pulled over, switched off and cranked back up and everything was fine

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I hope I am not experiencing the same issue. Been running GH Hot street for a while driving it normally trying to get the best fuel mileage I can. Has gotten hung in 3rd twice now and then yesterday I was taking off at a redlight and it started shifting crazy, through a wrench and then wouldn't shift into OD. Pulled over, switched off and cranked back up and everything was fine

Mine was doing that as well. Also when it would shift, it was a delayed 3-5

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Those are signs of a failing Direct / Coast Clutch Solenoid. It maybe to late though by the time you start to have the OD lock out issue.

superstroked

Reaction score
Annnnd I got a new truck...
my3e7e6u.jpg

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Awesome, time for a sig update :) How are you liking the 6.7 so far? Doing the same swap from 6.4 to 6.7 on a buddies truck this week, hopefully I don't get that same bug too, hear its expensive ;)

superstroked

Reaction score
Awesome, time for a sig update :) How are you liking the 6.7 so far? Doing the same swap from 6.4 to 6.7 on a buddies truck this week, hopefully I don't get that same bug too, hear its expensive ;)

So far so good...the 450 is a different animal all together with 4.30 gears and the wider front end...this thing turns better than my 250 did! I am having the bed liner put in tomorrow along with the 5th wheel hitch rails and 7 pin in the bed. Also getting some weathertech mats...after that, it will stay like it is for a long time. This will mainly be used to haul the 5th wheel toy hauler

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.