Typewriter Noise Fix

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Just something I noticed the other day. Living in Canada brings huge temperature fluctuations come spring time. It was -5F in the morning when I left Fort McMurray (Northern Alberta) early in the morning and I had the tick. I then drove 8 hours south where the weather was up to in the low 50's. All of a sudden the tick was gone with the ambient air temperature change. This all went down right after I changed my oil too...

That's the explanation from the engineering world as well.

Many guys try to alleviate this by switching brands of oil. The tick is not an issue. Nothings is hurting or broken. Many Cummins and duramax alike have the same tick.

uga33

Reaction score
That's the explanation from the engineering world as well.

Many guys try to alleviate this by switching brands of oil. The tick is not an issue. Nothings is hurting or broken. Many Cummins and duramax alike have the same tick.

This is what eased my mind. Two guys on our crew have different brands that will randomly tick. One is an LBZ Duramax and the other is a '13 Cummins. I'm just glad mine decided to retire the tick.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
This is what eased my mind. Two guys on our crew have different brands that will randomly tick. One is an LBZ Duramax and the other is a '13 Cummins. I'm just glad mine decided to retire the tick.

The tick goes away with mileage. I started extensive oil analysis on my truck. Same oil in truck for 13000 miles on oil.... Zero tick. I will change it soon and the tick will return.

My LBZ ticked like it was typing an encyclopedia.

Latest posts

Members online