Ultimate Callout Challenge

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
In every video I've seen, the editor from Diesel Power is there filming with his phone. Hope he realizes that he is ruining the DPC with his emissions requirements and competitions like UCC is what people want to see and compete in.

Sent from the BTK Lair!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
In every video I've seen, the editor from Diesel Power is there filming with his phone. Hope he realizes that he is ruining the DPC with his emissions requirements and competitions like UCC is what people want to see and compete in.

Sent from the BTK Lair!

They haven't done it yet.. But that article they wrote was really stupid and definitely did irreversible damage

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I follow dp mag on facebook and im not sure who does the posts but they are fck tards to say the least...
Most of the articals are just dumb, poorly written and im not really impressed.
The videos that Jones guy does are also poorly done IMO.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Exactly my point. When he published that article saying they were doing a DPC that had an emissions intact requirement, it turned a lot of people off, and I would venture to say that UCC was born. After an event like UCC, I don't see how DPC and Diesel Power can come back and put on a better show. Also not allowing Lavon to compete again is ridiculous. They had to play serious damage control following that article which probably did further damage. I'm sad that I renewed my subscription.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
A good shot? He's destroying it. He has it in the bag honestly the drags today seemed disappointing other than a handful of trucks

I wont disagree but I am a realist, anything is possible. He hasn't won yet lol. He can still break today. I don't want him too. But its possible. He is in the lead by 201 points right now overall though. If he does well he has it in the bag which you are right, he probably does.

The dually is awesome that thing rips and I agree midgets truck is awesome. They run the hell out of it too so it's pretty proven. Warrens truck is rowdy and gotta have a different level of appreciation for the 6.0 ripping like that.

That Dually weighs like 7600 lbs too. That thing flat amazes me and it RRIIIPPPSSS at the track. Excited to see it haul ass down a dirt sled track today.

I'm out here on midgets crew. This was actually the first runs down the dragstrip. Suspension copies mine so it was an easy set up for us. This truck was a roller last week. On the dyno there was a speed limiter and then tps fell out on the final run bc of hardware issue. It's a 17xx hp truck. But still have problems with fueling.

Track was ****. And track officials said we didn't want any more prep?!?! That track was a joke.

Lavon had more in his truck for sure. Chose to save it for tomorrow. Truck is amazing. He is smart with his truck.

And yall can talk all you want about Baca but the dude is a nice guy. Truck had more in it and the fuel only number yesterday was low Bc his trans was trashed. Yeah he's not a drag racer but the truck is impressive.

Definitely respect to Jesse. Truck is very impressive for sure. Really pushing the 6.0 world to new limits. I wish yall could smell the exaust. I'm guessing it's veggie fuel

Randy's dually was the most impressive of the day for me. He pulled the trailer to the hotel the other night with that truck. And now it's running 9s on terra grapplers.

Tomorrow will be fun.

I didn't know you were out there Taylor. Midgets Truck is quick for sure! Surprised me no doubt.

Ehh. I wont say yay or nay about Baca. He has a bad rep in the diesel race community from the past for talking a lot of **** and not backing it up when asked to prove it. Slamming his dodge into that Ford 6.7 didn't help either. His bro personality/looks and attitude that I've experienced left a bad taste in my mouth from 2012 when I briefly met him....His truck makes ungodly power, I'll give that credit where it's due. But he did as I expected and as he always seems to...Showed up, made a lot of power and then couldn't put it down at the drag. And I wonder if that result will repeat at the sled pull today too....We will see

I agree with both your comments about Jesse and Randy completely.

Sent from the BTK Lair!

I think they lifted the Emissions required from DPC this year if I'm not mistaken. But yeah I remembered when this happened. I just went "Wow, really guys.."

Exactly my point. When he published that article saying they were doing a DPC that had an emissions intact requirement, it turned a lot of people off, and I would venture to say that UCC was born. After an event like UCC, I don't see how DPC and Diesel Power can come back and put on a better show. Also not allowing Lavon to compete again is ridiculous. They had to play serious damage control following that article which probably did further damage. I'm sad that I renewed my subscription.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They did the same thing to Michael Tomac that they just did to Lavon this past year when Michael won in 06 and 07 with his Duramax. He suddenly wasn't allowed back in 08 for some mysterious reason. There's apparently a hidden rule that states after 2 consecutive wins at DPC you cannot come back as you've proven your dominance at that point.

As we are all seeing, Lavon said f*ck that, Ill just go Win UCC lol....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
No one would try and run a 1/4 mile in this with a manual....
if trans can hold then he would only need to shift like once. lol
By then there will be another generation of powerstroke like a 7.0L or something that will spark everybody's interest lol
7.3 liters will be back
WHY do they do these events at altitude
because its a challenge in its self making that power with thin air!

Wayne

Reaction score
The 2 wins and done rule for DPC was in place long before Lavon was in the competition. If it wasn't established in the very beginning, it was done when Tomac won his 2nd. I don't consider it a bad rule because it always requires new blood. Most of the new rules they started implementing in '13, and since have really made the event suck, especially lately. I have no doubt their following has fallen dramatically since David Kennedy and crew quit participating. Now all the talent is gone for the most part, along with quality articles, I hardly ever read the issues when they show up.

Halestorm55

Reaction score
I can't believe they actually published an article about putting a 6.4 crank in a 6.0 and it only made 20hp more than not spending a couple extra thousand to not do that.

looking up parts

Black AOD

Reaction score
The 2 wins and done rule for DPC was in place long before Lavon was in the competition. If it wasn't established in the very beginning, it was done when Tomac won his 2nd. I don't consider it a bad rule because it always requires new blood. Most of the new rules they started implementing in '13, and since have really made the event suck, especially lately. I have no doubt their following has fallen dramatically since David Kennedy and crew quit participating. Now all the talent is gone for the most part, along with quality articles, I hardly ever read the issues when they show up.

Wayne is correct. It was actually implemented after Tomac's Wins in 06/07 but it wasn't really made aware to any of the new coming competitors. No one really knew about it. It never really mattered because from 07-14 no one won twice. Lavon was the 2nd to ever do so TBH

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Randy's dually is unbelievable. That thing is the definition of badass. Also super impressed by Jesse's truck. Love seeing a 6.0 being competitive!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I could be wrong but idk anyone else who's track pass actually backs up 2000hp to the tires.. That dually is nuts

slc6oh

Reaction score
Im still hoping for the weather to hold ( lookin like rain )

And hoping jesses truck pulls the **** out of that trailer, getting him some points back

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Thank you for clearing that up Wayne. Maybe DPC could revive the event by having a winner's competition one year? That's if there even is another one...

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Found this on Facebook lolololol
1887a0469ba056d6413a28c17788e7c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online