Up pipe time! Options

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Ok, I have a cracked passenger side manifold, I have both uppies leaking.

Manifold, is it possible swap em without pulling the inner fender?

Uppies I have seen Dorman bellowed and the regular IH. Is there a difference in them?

Turbos making some funny noises and I was told the 4 bolts behind the compressor wheel sometimes back out . Regardless I want to pull it and check er out. , should I bother pulling the trans? I have lots of help so if its easier with 2 people without pulling trans I would rather do that. Just looking for advise.

Also was wondering about heat wrapping the uppies, any input ?

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

ajfetterman

Reaction score
Pretty sure you can get the pass side manifold from the wheel well. When I did my uppies there seemed to be enough room.

I just replaced mine with OE pipes but I didn't pull the trans just obviously the turbo. I was able to get it done by dropping the down pipe and plenty of extensions.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
You can wrap them if you want. It's just going to prevent radiant heat transfer to nearby areas. You aren't going to gain any performance. Pulling the fender is the best way.. a tip that might help- crack the bolts loose tightening the bolt first, once it breaks loose, it should back out easy.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Ok they are EXTREMELY RUSTED And honestly I do not plan for it to be easy, I plan on breaking the head off every one ( accidentally of course) then having to weld a nut to them.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I was told the wrap would keep the heat in , and heat= better turbo response and faster spool up. But if there is no performance gain I ain't gonna waste time .

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was told the wrap would keep the heat in , and heat= better turbo response and faster spool up. But if there is no performance gain I ain't gonna waste time .

Stock turbo=you shouldnt need to scavenge all the gases/heat....

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I did my uppipes a few months back and upgraded to the ih uppipes. Now im getting ready to do my manifolds next, my passenger side leaks bad. It should be fun.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yeah, how many of them studs will I break off the manifolds? Mine.arent bad but i wanna clean em.

bruce

Reaction score
I would just buy a t4 mount from irate besides wastin money on a stock setup. You already have too much injector for a 38r anyway imo

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I dont know if you have any good junk yards up there but I took mine off a school bus with a 7.3 the motor only had 120k but the bus was wrecked. Mine cost me about 75 bucks

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Just talked to a buddy
Of mine who has a turbo for me to try, so stock pipes it is. For now.

On uppie donuts i was reading on another forum about covering them with anti seize.. what's that supposed to do

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.