Up Pipes...

BigPSD

Reaction score
Well this is what Im dealing with right now... Any harm come of it if I keep driving it? Sounds like a piece of sh!t, and would hate for something to head up to the turbo...

If anyone has a line on the BD 6.0L kit let me know!:postwhore2:

W59kncH.jpg

BigPSD

Reaction score
Confused... I wonder if I should be looking at just the HD 6.4 Uppies with the EGR provision then I can add a gate in the future if I start messing around with Single Turbos?

Altho, this manifold looks like it come with a aftermarket gate port?

342003-2_1.jpg

Last edited:

DWhite

Reaction score
I just put the new BD up pipe and manifold kit on my truck. I'm pretty impressed and happy for the price. Mike at No limit hooked me up with my set.

It did take awhile to get them though, 2 or 3 weeks since they where on back order. The BD kit gets my vote. You'll be happy with the kit.

BigPSD

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Can anyone tell me if the BD manis flow better then stock 6.0L manis? I can get 2 off a 6.0 for $90. Figured I would media blast them and just get the BD 6.0L uppers...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
They flow a lot better than a stock 6.0 manifold. The posts stay round through out vs dumping into a flattened main chamber. The internal volume is larger.

BigPSD

Reaction score
Well the pass up pipe got considerably worse over the past cpl days. Need the truck on the road so I decide to grab a set of Flo Pro 6.4L Up Pipes(30800R). I was pretty excited that I was gonna be able to delete all the Cross over pipe crap. Opened up the box and took a look at the pass up pipe, very nice unit, not bad welding but not great, EGT sensor bung and good bellows. Took a look at the drivers, same as before, but no bung for the EBP... Pretty upset about this, have a welder lined up to hopefully fab in a bung for the EBP, but what a mess up on Flo Pro's part...

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Instead of welding a bung into the up-pipe just use a block off plate at the EGR pipe and drill and tap it for the fitting on the EBP sensor.

BigPSD

Reaction score
Yup no EGR provision or cross over with these... Anyone know of the bung needed for the EBP?

BigPSD

Reaction score
So something like this flipped over and welded nut side down to the drilled drivers up pipe should work?

$_35.jpg

or is it something like this?

ATP-FTG-020_450.jpg

Last edited:

BigPSD

Reaction score
I'm an idiot... I guess this is what would be welding on to the the drilled up pipe
m9QwmBpZfR8vGzmJN4I8VJw.jpg

and then something like this fitting which is already mount into the EGR downpipe and is connected to the testing tube, goes into the welded bung
ATP-FTG-020_450.jpg

BigPSD

Reaction score
its pipe thread so you can't flip it over

Sorry just meant that piece i posted above in general, which i know now is wrong.

I looked at the BD install instructions of their up pipes and it all makes sense now I think. Wish I had the truck here so I could just take a look at it... Didnt know it was just a testing tube and not a full probe, kinda like the EGT type sensors...

E6gglL7.png

FUwbQUX.png

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.