Update on my rig

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It has been sitting, havent driven it. Was busy then I notice some oil under the drivers side bumper. It is coming down the frame, red fluid. Was like this when I got it back from Browns. I haven't talked to them and have been just meh with this ***ing thing. Next week I am going to try and figure out what is leaking. Could be power steering hose too. I have been like *** this thing, but I need to get it on the road.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well it sat, Fri I tried to move it and nothing. All electrical works but the lp pump doesn't kick on when key is on run and nothing happens when you try and start it. Wrench light comes up. Checked all the main harnesses from he cab and connections to the computer, they seem fine. Thought it was the chip in the key perhaps so hauled it to the dealer. They said it is having troubles communicating with the computer, it is electrical will know more later. I on't think the power steering was leaking, may have been fluid spilled on it. Will know more when it starts again and I drive it.

Can get a pic of the hole in the Fusion when I get it back.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
LOL pop the hood and the tech's just like... Huh

I ran into a guy that I met before and and I gave him a ride. He introduced me to the main diesel tech so he knows my stuff isn't stock. Tried calling the service manager but it is five min to 5 so I am sure he is already gone.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I hope it is something stupid like my truck was. It probably got pissed at you for leaving it be for a little bit. Showed you who the boss was.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Just talked to the service guy, now he has his master tech on it cause the other one said this is over my head. They still have no clue what is going on, so they will have it til Tues now....

Wayne

Reaction score
check ground cables. does the starter engage when you turn the key? If not, see if the security light Mike was referring to is on. It's a padlock looking LED in the bottom left of the instrument cluster. If no security light, and it cranks, then good chance it's just a lift pump circuit problem. I think I wired it. If so, it pulls the signal from the factory lift pump + supply wire, then on to a pair of relays through an inline fuse, and down to the pump. If it doesn't try to crank, some times the pcm can get confused. All you gotta do some times is manually force the starter to crank while the key is on. Do it by putting 12v+ to the starter signal supply wire, which is located near the original air filter inlet on the passenger fender. It will be a single wire connector. I can get a pic if necessary. Anyway, good luck. Hoping to see you with better luck in the very near future.

Wayne

Reaction score
Ground cables should be one from back of motor to firewall, frame under RF door to cab, frame to bottom of engine block, frame to battery, and possibly engine block to battery. Obviously not all original location on some of them, but still aught to have at least one of each including a big cable between frame and engine, as well as either frame or engine block to battery.

Riverside

Reaction score
I had a relay go out for my fass LP pump.
Wouldn't throw a code and won't crank or do anything when I tried to start it.

Was a pain to diagnose but put the new relay in and was good to go.

Latest posts

Members online