Updated PIP tunes for 15' 250..

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got the new updated tunes in my email a bit ago.It will be a while before I get home from offshore so just wanted to start this thread for anyone that gets to try out the updated tunes.Just curious to see what you think of them compared to the old tunes!
Thanks guys,

Charles

dcswetman

Reaction score
Also curious as I didn't receive the updated tunes guess that's because I bought mine in the store front at Rudys. Guess I'll shoot them a email for them tm

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I installed mine, only have it on extreme so far. Pretty rowdy, shifts firmer, better timing on shifts. I'm very happy so far. Going to leave it on extreme for a few days and have fun I think. Also seems stronger than the original extreme tune..

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving guys!Mike wanted me to post this for him as he's not a member on here yet so here you guys go:

"The new release is version 6. I sent the tunes out to everyone I had on file. Anyone that did not receive them can email [email protected] with their name and serial number and I will send the new tunes out to them"

I never even tried the extreme tune before.How is the smoke on the new tune?I know mike said he had half request more smoke and half request less lol.
I've only ran on street and performance,And I ended up keeping it on performance.I may try the extreme for a few days then go take it to the track.Get us some speedo vids on the extreme tune bro!!

Charles

Last edited:

dcswetman

Reaction score
Been running the now outdated extreme tune for about two weeks now. Injectors seem to be getting a little louder at idle. Maybe the updated tune will quiet them down.

higherlife

Reaction score
I installed mine, only have it on extreme so far. Pretty rowdy, shifts firmer, better timing on shifts. I'm very happy so far. Going to leave it on extreme for a few days and have fun I think. Also seems stronger than the original extreme tune..
I can concur.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cylG3esjXmg
Just idling but the hissing is gone for the most part, turbo break functions ( at leat it turns on now) and love the less defueling on shifts!

dcswetman

Reaction score
Any one else throwing the turbo over boost code on the extreme tune on a WOT run? Tunes do feel stronger but still not really liking the shifts. They still seem drawn out.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Any one else throwing the turbo over boost code on the extreme tune on a WOT run? Tunes do feel stronger but still not really liking the shifts. They still seem drawn out.

I'm still offshore so I can't comment as I haven't gotten a chance to try out the updated tunes.I would bet that your shifting is like that due to the axle wrap.From what I've been reading,Traction bars fixed that issue.

Charles

Reaction score
When in tried the pip tunes in my truck, I had the overboost code and loud injector rattle. The shifts were kinda soft too imo. I want to get the latest files and try them again. See if they improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcswetman

Reaction score
Think I'm going to purchase mpd's tuning when they release it and give it a try. Looks like they have been working with it extensively and the track times back it.

higherlife

Reaction score

Shifting, there is definitely a re-learn period. i was able to put around 200 plus miles on the truck thanks to thanksgiving weekend. 3-4 shifting seemed kind of weird at first as if it wanted to skip third gear with a quick shift to fourth when cruising. But after putting some miles on the truck, shifting has gotten better.

I have not gotten any trouble codes yet. I do not run my truck very hard. Something to do with a bad memories....

However I did yet again see 19+ mpg on an interstate run. :D

dcswetman

Reaction score
Ordered the stage 3 bars from pmf. Trevor was a big help. As soon I get those and my no limit stage 2 intake Rudys is shipping me installed. I will head to the track to get some times.

higherlife

Reaction score
Ordered the stage 3 bars from pmf. Trevor was a big help. As soon I get those and my no limit stage 2 intake Rudys is shipping me installed. I will head to the track to get some times.
Nice. Please post pictures when you get them. I'm curious about the difference between stage 2 and 3. This is my next order :)

Latest posts

Members online