Upfitter switch question

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Guys, I just installed upfitters in my 08 6.4. Relay box/harness and all. Pain in the ass to get the wide plug where it needs to be not to mention finding the female end.

First off, I know for sure I got a wire harness/relay box for an 08-10 6.4. But I think the actual upfitters I got are from 11 and up. I say this bc the male end of the harness that goes into the upfitter switch panel has a total of 7 wires. 4 on the bottom and 3 on the top. Now, when I got my switches separately (weeks ago) it had the male end of a harness plugged into it already but cut off. It has 8 wires, and where it plugs in has 8 pins.
41f7962645e4c39f0ed5ef169309613f.jpg

This is the plug that came in the switches I got. Has 8 wires. Now just imagine the grey wire closest to you being gone which would be how the plug looks on the new harness. The wire colors are totally different as well.

I plugged them up and the lights come on when I flip them up but that's about all I know so far. Didn't want to actually try to use them until I figure out if there's a difference or not.

Sorry for the long post. I tried searching as well and continuing to.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Lot of info on up fitter switches in the 6.4 tech and FAQ section of the library, under the West Point header in the forums. I don't know if it will answer your question but it 's a good spot to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Lot of info on up fitter switches in the 6.4 tech and FAQ section of the library, under the West Point header in the forums. I don't know if it will answer your question but it 's a good spot to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-4 I'll double check there. Thanks

webb06

Reaction score
Use a voltmeter to see if the wires coming off the switches are getting power. It's probably fine.

TD-5

Reaction score
Neither of the SVE bulletins regarding up fitter switches show the extra grey wire to the switches. Can't say what it would have been for.
If you have the harness connected as shown in the bulletin wiring schematic you should be good to go.
As mentioned, check for voltage from each of the blunt cut wires related to each switch as you turn them on.

Attachments

• SVE Bulletin 2008 up fitter switches.pdf
    947.4 KB · Views: 43
  • SVE bulletin 2011 + up fitter switches.pdf
    300.5 KB · Views: 62

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Use a voltmeter to see if the wires coming off the switches are getting power. It's probably fine.

Neither of the SVE bulletins regarding up fitter switches show the extra grey wire to the switches. Can't say what it would have been for.

If you have the harness connected as shown in the bulletin wiring schematic you should be good to go.

As mentioned, check for voltage from each of the blunt cut wires related to each switch as you turn them on.

Yea I went ahead and hooked up the PTO wire to switch 4 to see if it worked and it did so I guess it's fine. Thanks fellas.

Was just concerned bc I'm positive the switches I got came from a 14 model.

Latest posts

Members online