Upgraded Cam?

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Who makes a good upgrade and/or has anybody had any experience with one?

I assume I may have to shim the valve springs etc?

Motor is being built at the moment.

emev0l

Reaction score
Colt Stage 2, it's a drop in cam (as long as your piston protrusion is within spec, not decked to far)

Depends on the valve springs being used, 910 should be shimmed with or without the cam if you're pushing high boost.

Reaction score
We have colts on the shelf and we will also be having another cam option here in the very new future.

Better pulse flow on the turbine side.
Matched to stock head port size for better flow making them drive better in all conditions not just in a certain spot keeping the flow optimized in where the heui injector equipt truck needs before the injector physically cannot be fast enough.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
What is the pricing like on these cams? PM if necessary. How would it affect towing? Recommended HP/Injector range?

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I am shimming my 910s or going beehives or something equivalent. I will be running mahle .02 over Pistons ceramic coated.

My motor is getting machined so I wouldn't need any extra fancy machining to run it?

I am also interested in the pricing. The Carrillo rods kind of put a dent in the wallet.

Reaction score
I am shimming my 910s or going beehives or something equivalent. I will be running mahle .02 over Pistons ceramic coated.

My motor is getting machined so I wouldn't need any extra fancy machining to run it?

I am also interested in the pricing. The Carrillo rods kind of put a dent in the wallet.

Our cams do not need to be clearanced for stock flowing heads so you will be fine there.
And damn I could've helped ya out on a set of hypermax ones if you needed a set we have them here.

Pricing is not set yet but will be more then the colt unit. somewhere close to 1000 range.. We will not know this until we get them finished which should be in the next few weeks but before we start selling to customers in need to get it in our engine to double check clearance and run testing as we have two engine builds that are running the exact same setup one has colt cam one will have our new cam in it. I am not a fan of selling something if we don't even use it in our in house builds.
I can keep you posted in the future depending on how fast your looking to get things done.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Man I wish you had results now haha

The truck is a daily driver and I have already been down for three weeks due to figuring out what I want then waiting on the parts.

Anybody ever tried the gear head cam? Was one of the only ones I could find in searches

Reaction score
Anybody ever tried the gear head cam? Was one of the only ones I could find in searches

The cam profile came from matt in the first place the way I understand it ..

Either way On our cam testing we have done on our 6.0/6.4 cams we have almost .030 less lift then other cams out there. I also feel it helped more power then the other cam that was in the vehicle before. I cannot say our cam made xxxx amount of HP over to be up front. But I have driven the truck before and after and there is a difference for sure.

Now the 7.3 stuff will be here soon but like I say If your looking for a cam get a hold of me and I can get you either one or help answer more of your questions. but I dont like typing so i am no good at this kind of thing on here ....

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Gear head makes cams. I am running a stage one. You need to talk to him about how much shims you need to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gearhead

Reaction score
The cam profile came from matt in the first place the way I understand it ..

Now the 7.3 stuff will be here soon but like I say If your looking for a cam get a hold of me and I can get you either one or help answer more of your questions. but I dont like typing so i am no good at this kind of thing on here ....
Can you enlighten me on this?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking stage one so I don't have to do too much work to make it work.

Can a stage one keep up with my build though?

emev0l

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking stage one so I don't have to do too much work to make it work.

Can a stage one keep up with my build though?

A stock cam is fine for your build, but aftermarket is better.

A Gear head stage 1 cam and a Colt stage 2 cam are both drop in. Any larger then that and you need valve reliefs cut into the pistons.

Reaction score
Matt did you not help Geoff with the initial cam profile Back in like 05?

I was under the impression it was your idea..

If I am mistaken I'm sorry. I had just thought a long time ago that I had talked to u on this ..

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt did you not help Geoff with the initial cam profile Back in like 05?

I was under the impression it was your idea..

If I am mistaken I'm sorry. I had just thought a long time ago that I had talked to u on this ..
Oh no, that wasn't me. His profiles are different from mine, although we had talked recently about getting some new cams from him. It just takes too much for the initial setup to get all 4 of my profiles going.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

powerjoke73

Reaction score
300/200 injectors
S467.7 with 360 upgrade
Pushrods, girdle, valve springs, .02 overbore, Carrillo rods, now a cam, built tranny, intake, fluid damper, fuel system, honey badger r&d hpop and any other supporting mods

Reaction score
Oh no, that wasn't me. His profiles are different from mine, although we had talked recently about getting some new cams from him. It just takes too much for the initial setup to get all 4 of my profiles going.
Not to mention a lot of money :(

Oh I apologize Matt I thought I had talked with you many moons back on this I am sorry lol Maybe im just getting to old haha

Latest posts

Members online