Upgraded tie rod ends?

97strokerHD

Reaction score
What are some of the best tie rod ends or upgraded ends for obs trucks? Tired of blowing through tie rod ends.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Subd as well. I just recently replaced all my joints on my front end with Napa parts since there at cost. Would like to hear some other good options

Reaction score
Go buy a realllllyyyy good steering stabilizer kit that keeps your front end tight with big tires... Chinzy stabilizer kits with big tires eat tie rods.. I bought a Skyjacker kit 7 years ago, one set of tie rods is all the truck has seen, I did one set of ball joints 6 years ago.. And that's proly 200,000 on those parts now.. Grease em 5000 miles lol.. Make sure you have a good drop pitman arm too!

ncollins64

Reaction score
Go buy a realllllyyyy good steering stabilizer kit that keeps your front end tight with big tires... Chinzy stabilizer kits with big tires eat tie rods.. I bought a Skyjacker kit 7 years ago, one set of tie rods is all the truck has seen, I did one set of ball joints 6 years ago.. And that's proly 200,000 on those parts now.. Grease em 5000 miles lol.. Make sure you have a good drop pitman arm too!
You get my txt earler?

79jasper

Reaction score
If you're going through that many, you need to start buying some quality parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JCart

Reaction score
The stock spring hanger set up is a really poor design and lends itself to early parts failure especially with lifts, large tires is my feeling. Long story short the steering box works against the upper front spring (in frame) shackles causing excessive wear. Once the rubber bushing inside the shackle is loose the truck steers like herding hogs..... Causing excellerated wear on rest of steering components. Installing an RSK, makes a significant difference not only in steering, handling and ride, but also in longevity of parts is my feeling.

Check your upper in frame top shackle bushings on the front of your springs, my guess is they are finished, causing lots of steering slop.

jrc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online