Upgrades Complete (190/100 & Turbo)

White Stallion

Reaction score
Just finished up my 190/100 injectors, RR, Delta Kit, 64.7 turbo, and No Limit Intake. I'm running an upgraded Looney tune from Vivian but the truck just doesn't seem as strong. I'm building 30-32 PSI on wot but EGTs are a little high at 1650. I've looked for a boost leak but I've only driven it for about 20 minutes so no obvious signs yet. I expected it to get hot with these injectors but not quite that high. Cruising they are around 700-750. I can't hear a leak any longer because of the intake. I know I need to drive it to get all the air out and let the transmission relearn. Does any of the above sound like a boost leak? Truck just doesn't seem as strong when it had stock injectors and turbo with looney tune. RR seems to be holding fuel pressure pretty well as it hasn't dropped below 55. Am I just paranoid and need to drive it or do you guys see a problem with the data posted. I monitor with a CTS so if you need more data let me know. Thanks for the help.

05wh250

Reaction score
You could check for a boost leak. I used a PVC pipe cap and put a valve stem in it. Use an air compressor, just watch it if it blows off.

04cr450

Reaction score
U probably have no leaks.. 100 nozzles run hot. One u have a small turbo for those injectors I assume it is vgt? your crushing temps are on point for the most part hence why I said u probably don't have a boost leak

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Ya with 190/100 and that turbo those temps don't sound that bad really....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White Stallion

Reaction score
Yeah vgt and Mark that's probably going to happen in the very near future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Yeah vgt and Mark that's probably going to happen in the very near future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I had a set up 210/75's with a 68 VGT and it ran about 550-650 at 60 and about 1500 WOT IIRC.

I would go to a S366 setup if you want to change your turbo.

05wh250

Reaction score
I like my 68, but I'm putting smaller injectors and turbo on mine and searching for a regular cab to go fast.

Mine will still recall 1600* exhaust racing, but its usually in 3rd by the time I look and its at or below 1500*.

White Stallion

Reaction score
Just loaded up looney from Vivian and I have a looney wild tune that I haven't even tried yet because it was so hot.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We have a lightly used Bader stage 3 in the classifieds... and injectors if you want the perfect 600hp setup around

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

78f100

Reaction score
You could check for a boost leak. I used a PVC pipe cap and put a valve stem in it. Use an air compressor, just watch it if it blows off.

I built one too for my max powers, has a rubber fernco boot to slip over the turbo. It hurts when it blows off...lol

White Stallion

Reaction score
Save a little cash after the upgrades and I'll probably be in the market in a few months. Trying to avoid a new tranny also.

White Stallion

Reaction score
Well notice a pretty good leak when I got on it a little the other day in the daylight. Had a good bit of coal roll into the cab from underneath. I'll crawl underneath today and see if I can locate the spot. I expect it to be the sinister egr delete pipe but we will see. Sure can't hear any leaks as this no limit intake sounds like a leak all the time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.