upgrading buddies truck

09strokerpwr

Reaction score
Like title says buddy asked me to come up with a parts list for him. He has a 07 80ish thousand miles. He is looking for reliability, power and milage. Im not up on 6.0 parts so open to ideas. He dosnt DD truck much tows his camper with it and gets groceries is main duty. Forsure looking for exhaust, intake, egr delete, studs and whatever else is needed. He also said possibly injectors and diffrent turbo something bout he wants to try to keep up when my truck LOL. Thanks

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
If he's towing as well, I'd say studs, egr delete, exh, intake, reg. return, stc fittings, oil cooler, stand pipes and dummy plugs, blue spring and coolant filter for starters, low pressure pump, sump, ported intake, 175s(I'm lost on nozzle sizes, but seems like many are going w/ 30% now) and a barder stage 2 or similar unit. I don't see him liking a non vgt lol. I don't know exactly where this would land you power wise, but for a mild set up, it's what I'd pick.

04stroker

Reaction score
For what your describing I would do a bullet proof job with all the updated parts, 155 or 175/30 and a Barder stage 2. Let me know if I can help we build our own injectors and I can do a package deal ok everything injectors, turbo, studs, gaskets Etc...... We are a dealer for Barder as well.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Rykan/ Holders diesel injectors are top notch!!!! flow tested and all before they are sent out! im sure he will make yall a good package deal on everything as well!

09strokerpwr

Reaction score
What comes with the bullet proof kit? And what tuner do you guys suggest? He likes my dash daq for guages I think I seen a add that dp tuners are on there now? How do you think this set up will be on milage he drives like a grandpa normally but he wants it so if he feels like mashing the go petal he can.

09strokerpwr

Reaction score
Umm he didnt give me one LOL. His words I just want quality parts and not cheap junk. He just sold a rental house n said good chunk of thats goin to parts. I asked if he wanted to buy me some also but no dice:lame:

09strokerpwr

Reaction score
So anybody have input on this? I kinda need a list of products so I can give him to order or have me order them threw venders on here. Thanks

swinky

Reaction score
For what your describing I would do a bullet proof job with all the updated parts, 155 or 175/30 and a Barder stage 2. Let me know if I can help we build our own injectors and I can do a package deal ok everything injectors, turbo, studs, gaskets Etc...... We are a dealer for Barder as well.

Do you guys do 205s?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
So anybody have input on this? I kinda need a list of products so I can give him to order or have me order them threw venders on here. Thanks

New oil cooler
New thermostat
oil cooler gasket kit
EGR delete kit
Intake manifold gaskets
turbo o-ring kit
Coolant filter kit

if he wants studs/headgaskets that would be the time to do it since you'll have the top end torn down

As well, a AP upgrade direct drive solenoid in the trans would be wise

Holder's would be a great place to shop for everything top to bottom. Rykan stocks a few of my items. Great place to work with. Ask him about getting a solution kit, holder's delete kit and one of our coolant filters. I'd be willing to bet he would package it up :)

09strokerpwr

Reaction score
Didnt give a budget just quality parts he said.I somewhere close to 600rwhp that is streetable and able to tow smoke freeish.

09strokerpwr

Reaction score
Weekends camping pulls his 24' toyhauler. Maybe car hauler trailer with his scout on it. Big thing would be smoke free normal driving or be able to select on programmer if his mom hops in to drive to town. Thanks again not to up n up with 6.0's learned on 6.4's. All I kno bout them is studs egr n coolant filter

04stroker

Reaction score
Here is what I would do if budget is not a concern.

175/30 injectors
Barder stage 2 turbo
Intake
Exhaust
Head stud job and egr delete with all updates and oil cooler
DD solenoid
Coolant filter
Sct x3 custom tuned
Edge cts for gauges
Regulated return fuel system
Ported intake manifold
Upgraded uppipes
Possibly absolute delta line kit

If you want I can pm you a price on everything in the morning. I can set you up with everything listed and a one stop shop for you. Would love to help you out.

09strokerpwr

Reaction score
Thanks that would be awsome pm a price on that stuff. And maybe if possible could you come up with one with different option like high end is this xxxx and decent grade is xxxx. I just know sometimes he changes his mind like the wind haha but I got him set o doing this right one time.