Upgrading Installed Lift

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
Need help ordering some upgrades for this horrible lift I have on my truck. It rides like a crap. I have my mx-6 adjusted all the way soft and its still bad. I was originally just going to pull it off and order an Icon or Carli kit but I figured i could add to this pro comp and get it where I could tolerate it. Whats yall's thoughts? Progressive springs? Progressive Rear? Ala's? Would the cost of adding everything I need worth it or just better off buying a better kit?

TripleE44

Reaction score
I would start with front coil springs and nicer shocks all around. The hard parts aren't going to change anything with the exception of the radius arm replacements, so I don't see why you'd replace the whole thing.

I don't know what your lift in the back is, but if its an add a leaf, the next step I'd take would be switching to just a block to get the stiffness of that add a leaf out.

After that, then I'd look into the radius arm replacements. 3-link, 4-link, ALAs, whatever just to get something other than either the drop bracket or the radius arm that pro comp supplies.

Layson

Reaction score
Do you know if the shocks are blown? Can you tell a difference in the ride when you adjust them?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I had MX6 shocks once, never really was happy with them. And the ProComp coils are single rate not progressive as most higher brands use such as Carli and ICON. The ride difference in mine going from a ProComp to a ICON was night and day. A lot less body roll and much smoother ride all together.

Reaction score
I can help you get that dialed in. to start i would say get some Fox 2.0 Reservoirs, second i would suggest as mentioned above we can swap out your springs with some Icons.

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
i have the procomp 6" lift. i actually do not have anything bad to say about it, as it rides smooth; pretty much like oem. i do have foxes all around though. however, i do have the desire to goup another couple inches. the only things that will be left from the procomp 6" setup when im done is the procomp aals pretty much lol. everything else will be changed over in favor of some icon and pmf pieces.

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
i have the procomp 6" lift. i actually do not have anything bad to say about it, as it rides smooth; pretty much like oem. i do have foxes all around though. however, i do have the desire to goup another couple inches. the only things that will be left from the procomp 6" setup when im done is the procomp aals pretty much lol. everything else will be changed over in favor of some icon and pmf pieces.

I'm the exact opposite, man mine rides like crap compared to a factory truck. I see yours came with the pro comp alas, mine didn't just the radias drops. Did you ever drive it with the mx6s?

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
strokinduty: no. right from the get go i put some foxes on there. i heard the procomp shocks was just not good at all. that was the reason for that for me.

Latest posts

Members online