Upgrading pads and rotors

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
What is everyone replacing their pads and rotors with? Truck is somewhat daily driven and pulls a GN everyweekend in the summer with my pulling truck or dune truck on it. I'd love a set of willwoods but I'm poor and there is no realistic reason that I could justify them. I just want something better than OEM.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I have been wondering the same thing.. I hear a lot of good things about the EBC kits, but do the price tags reflect proven quality and service as far as performance and warranty???

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I have been running SP performance rotors for over 4 years on multiple trucks. Some of the other members on here have picked them up from me and had great results.

I run the ebc green or yellow pads with the Slotted and cross drilled rotors and they stop great.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I have been running SP performance rotors for over 4 years on multiple trucks. Some of the other members on here have picked them up from me and had great results.

I run the ebc green or yellow pads with the Slotted and cross drilled rotors and they stop great.

Maybe we will have to do some more business then, Chris.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Stoptech Cryo Slotted rotors with Hawk Superduty pads, work great once warmed up, little sketchy in the dead cold of winter until they get to that point, but it doesn't take too long. One of the off-road trailers I used to move every so often has no trailer brakes and had some heavy loads on it and they never disappointed our mountain hauls. 14k+ trailer runs with proper on-road trailers and brakes and they of course have no issues either. Would do this setup again for heavy haulers but LTS pads would be what I would put family or employees with if I was staying Hawk.

http://www.stoptech.com/products/rotors/cryogenic-treated-rotors
http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance-street/pads/superduty

I know some friends like EBC's offerings but had some noise and fitment issues on some part numbers as well. Hawk's never let me down so I went that route.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Stoptech Cryo Slotted rotors with Hawk Superduty pads, work great once warmed up, little sketchy in the dead cold of winter until they get to that point, but it doesn't take too long. One of the off-road trailers I used to move every so often has no trailer brakes and had some heavy loads on it and they never disappointed our mountain hauls. 14k+ trailer runs with proper on-road trailers and brakes and they of course have no issues either. Would do this setup again for heavy haulers but LTS pads would be what I would put family or employees with if I was staying Hawk.

http://www.stoptech.com/products/rotors/cryogenic-treated-rotors
http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance-street/pads/superduty

I know some friends like EBC's offerings but had some noise and fitment issues on some part numbers as well. Hawk's never let me down so I went that route.
I'd say that's a little sketchy sounding in winter. But mine has be a garage queen in the winter since I first bought it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I have the stoptech kit with EBC, With brand new OEM calipers. and I'm lifted a little bit running 35x13.50's and it stops great. No issues here. Someday I'll do Wilwood 6 Piston :naughty:
That's like my set up. 3.5" taller in front. 4" block in rear. On 35x12.50r20s then it's usually dragging a 25+5 20k PJ around.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I was gonna do a full 6-piston caliper setup on the Z06, when the time comes financially, and wayyyy after I have completed on home improvements. The truck project was enough money spent!

Black AOD

Reaction score
I had wilwoods on both my 04 mustang's. Love them. however wilwood conversions for our trucks from what i see are like $5k+ .... no thanks

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Maybe we will have to do some more business then, Chris.

I'll be hear to answer any questions you have buddy.

I will give everyone fair warning to really do research before buying rotors. There are reasons why some are in a totally different price bracket than others.

Drilled rotors especially can cause cracking, do your research is my warning.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score

I will give everyone fair warning to really do research before buying rotors. There are reasons why some are in a totally different price bracket than others.

this!!!!!

got my last set and ordering another set shortly...great set up smokinstroker will take good care of ya.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score

PM me what you sell and recommend the highest.

Latest posts

Members online