Upgrading Starter??

cg21

Reaction score
My starter has always been weak.... Now my truck has sat for awhile go out crank and crank wont start... so anyways looking to uprade starter because I was not happy with the stock one. I have a 99 f250 7.3l anyone have any brands that have done them well? Not looking to spend an arm and a leg right now... But really don't want to go stock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Have you checked batteries and cables? If it cranks with no start it is likely to be a voltage issue.

cg21

Reaction score
I guess it was wrong to say cranking it was spinning sorry engine was not cranking

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
I've been using the powermaster starters from jegs or summit. Little pricey but they spin em over like nothing.

Fly By Night

Reaction score
I got a gear reduction starter from a member on here named gto killer, the price was really fair and it's been turning her over quick for ~4 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freightshaker

Reaction score
Have you checked batteries and cables? If it cranks with no start it is likely to be a voltage issue.

A little while back mine would crank like batteries or cable issue. Checked everything with a meter and starter. Took it apart and it was about toasted-only turning about 1/2 RPMs

Latest posts

Members online