upgrading susepension

04cr450

Reaction score
getting bored with truck already. Looking at making the truck ride better and complete the suspension. Currently have fox 2.0 shocks and icon leveling kit springs. Want to do a 3 link and traction bars to complete this. I assume trevor's 3 link and a set of his traction bars? ouo bars?
Is the the 3 link worth it? I wonder if these guys will be a vendor at ucc?

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Go all out with trevor's full kit with kings, all the works. I'll take the foxes and the icons off your hands to free up some space in your garage.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Won't go wrong with a full Carli kit and either Fox or Kings. Call Mike

Jomax

Reaction score
I say CARLI pintop with full leaves, OUO rear bars and ALAs.

I had CARLI's top of the line kit and loved it. It isn't cheap, but it's well worth it. I miss it daily lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I was very happy with my King shocks. Going to send them in for rebuild before putting them on the new truck. I have the adjustable piggyback ones.

Icon springs ride nicely too.

Personally I went with the PMF traction bars. Just tell them if you ever plan on using the Titan tank as there's a different bracket. Happy with these. Checked all the joints when I took them off and they seem fine and ready to go on the new truck.

04cr450

Reaction score
Good info. After reading alot... my truck is just a pavement queen and I tow occasionally. I think the 3 link and basic set of traction bars will suffice. I like the fox 2.0 shocks but would there be a big difference between them and the kings?
I was told once I do the 3 link the truck will ride night and day difference than it is currently with the icon springs and fox shocks, is that stretching the truth?
Never had traction bars other than caltracs on my 6.0 but they were for strictly racing

Last edited:

Swampfox

Reaction score
I have had the One Up Offroad link arms on a 2012 F-250 and now on my 2016 F-250 and love these things. My current setup is a Carli commuter leveling kit with the 2.0 fox shocks, OUO adjustable coil levelers (to get the side to side level), OUO link arms, and OUO traction blocks. It rides and handles great. The new joints in the link arms are awesome too.

Kxc

Reaction score
Do the ALAs improve ride quality over stock assuming ur alignment and caster is already correct ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
anybody done a comparison between all the shock offerings for our trucks? i've currently got ICON 2.5" coils with their 2.0 shocks and am wondering if the ride could be greatly improved. 3-link / ALA front members are next on my list as well as traction bars but i'm wondering if upgrading to Carli's FOX 2.0 offerings will be a better upgrade? King Pintops sound nice but that's a lot of money lol

Betarocker

Reaction score
I have OUO ALAs. How they help the ride quality is by allowing the the caster to be set to desired angle and also fore/aft positioning of the axle. As well, when going offroad they allow for much greater suspension articulation over the stock arms due to the use of high angle spherical joints.

Latest posts

Members online