Urea injection problem I think

Dieselroller

Reaction score
Ok. Got the h&s mini max and was told it deleted all the egr dpf and urea stuff. Was gonna straight pipe the truck but wanted to make sure it would run with everything unplugged. So yesterday I unplugged the urea sprayer and electric plug by it. Ran to the store and it seemed ok. Headed out to work this morning and the truck lost power and died. Plugged the stuff back in and it still won't run. Sounds like air rushes through the exhaust pipe and then shuts down completely. It through a few codes.. Exhaust pressure, idle air and dpf sensor. Can anyone please help. Gotta try to get it back in order by the end of the day.

JMart

Reaction score
Honestly it would take quite a while to plug it completely off. I'm guessing around 500 miles.

Yeah thats what I am thinking, unless it was needing a regen when everything was unplugged. Still, I don't think a trip to the store should shut it down.

Jason have you tried setting the H&S back to stock?

Spatel23

Reaction score
How many plugs did you undo ?
There are quite a few, maybe you didn't get them all.

Id try plugging everything back up and going back to stock tuning.
Run it a few miles.
Then unplug everything and without moving the truck re delete

Dieselroller

Reaction score
I tried, it won't stay running. Took it back to stock. Plugged everything back and it still just cuts back off after a few seconds

Dieselroller

Reaction score
Thinking the dpf is clogged. I've been running the tune for a week now. So I'm on my way to get a delete pipe. Mine as well do it now

Mpoage

Reaction score
Thinking the dpf is clogged. I've been running the tune for a week now. So I'm on my way to get a delete pipe. Mine as well do it now

Why have you been driving it like that? It's fine if you need to drive across town but not much more. How long did you plan on driving it before taking it off?

Dieselroller

Reaction score
Misunderstood what the programmer did. Didn't even think about the dpf getting clogged . I am. Just picked up the delete pipe

Dieselroller

Reaction score
Well fellas, thanks for all the help! It was the dpf. Got it straight piped and all is well again on the home front! Wife is a little mad, thinks I did it on purpose! Lol, but the truck runs great! Thanks again!!

Latest posts

Members online