Urgent! H&S help!

Fosterchild23

Reaction score
Vancouver Island B.C. / Grande Prairie, Alberta
I have an H&S in my '08 6.4L Ford. I was sleeping in my truck with it running and then it suddenly died. It had been idling for approximately 2 and a half to 3 hours. I tried starting it again and nothing happened. My coolant, fuel and oil lights all came on. I checked both and I have sufficient oil, as well as coolant and fuel. My dash is also saying check brake system, followed by a warning that says trailer brake module fault ( I have no trailer on ). The tuner, which was running on the stock setting, turns on, but is frozen/unresponsive and will not show any telemetry. I tried unplugging the tuner, as well as both my batteries in the hopes it would re set it's self but nothing has happened. All other electronics in my truck work. Lights, power locks, windows, the stereo etc. However, in all of this, my check engine light has not come on at any point. I have not tried an actual code scanner in place of my tuner as I don't have access to one where I am at this time. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Call H&S tech line and they can walk you though a hard reset on the tuner itself. I would not try to do any of that yourself, as you may screw up the tuner itself. I say call H&S and reset it and then pull the codes out of the truck with the tuner.

Tech Support Hours:

Monday – Friday

8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST

Email [email protected] for after hours and weekend support.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I assume you are saying your tuner is unresponsive to mean that you can't do anything (change gauge setup, dowload another program, etc.). My best guess would be something shorted to the ECM. It definitely could be the tuner since it is acting up. FYI, I have seen the brake control module short and causes weird problems such as not being able to download tunes and a host of other issue, but it did not cause the truck not to start and it did not cause the tuner to become completely unresponsive. My guess there is that your truck went into "Protect Mode" and that is why it won't even turn over when try to start it.

B585Ford

Reaction score
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...er-brake-fault-codes-lots-warning-lights.html

sounds similar to this problem. ended up being a short is the trailer brake control module. maybe try unplugging the trailer brake control?

I never saw this thread before, but now that you mention it, I do think the one I was referring to was the trailer brake module, not the regular brakes and I know for sure it did not communication with the tuner. Its funny how much electrical issues can vary and they can be a real PIA.

Latest posts

Members online