US GEARS OVERDRIVE

portlandareae28

Reaction score
ANyone have much experience with these? I have one in my truck, but it works very intermittently and I am not sure where to start looking. I may want to pull it out and put a fresh motor in it if I can find an industrial motor to fit it.

RubberDuck

Reaction score
I have driven and worked on a truck with a US gear unit. They are very robust units to say the least. I may be wrong, so don't quote me on this. It has a spring that makes it engage correct? I didn't think it had a motor, or solinoid to make it engage. I've been using GV for many years and love them. But they are not as stout as a US gear. Which has been out of business for a while.

Anyway, I thought that there was a tension spring that gets put under pressure by the rotation of the unit, and a solinoid allows the spring, to "spring" and engage the unit. I may me waaaaaay off on this. But then again, I've never looked at one outside the truck, or an exploded diagram...... Google here I come. :)

portlandareae28

Reaction score
I am trying to find an old tranny guy that has worked on them, see if I can get her running perfect!! I think the truck will be great towing with it.. I will post a link to the exploded view when I get home.

Latest posts

Members online