Used 03 6.0 rip off and scam most likely.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Drove a ways to look at a 03 f-350 ext sb lariat loaded 217k, the truck was nice in the pics from the website. My brother and I stared looking it over and noticed it had a new pcm, ficm and tranny module 04, 05,07, 08, 09 and 2010 the ficm was not bolted on and just hanging there. The egr is still installed the exhaust is terrible had a stack at one point and the hole looks like a pack of angry beavers did it notched the frame cross member to make it work. The current set up is 3.5" to a Jerry rigged cat delete pipe to a terrible weld 3.5"-5" straight pipe. The bed is rotted and has like asphalt was spilled in it dented to hell the frame was undercoated in the wheel wells with spray can coating on all the vehicles they sell. The other locations main rails and cross members were not, anywhere the common person would not look. It has 18x9 pro comp wheels one was broken by the outward location downward from the hub were a spoke type item meets the outer round piece of the wheel and bubble gum welded it.
This is a front steer wheel the best part the owner/salesmen told me it was epoxy for some B.S. reason. The engine is the best part it still has the head bolts EGR the turbo was a reman 03 factory ford one it surges like hell the fuel filter has never been changed (frame rail location one). When I went for a test drive it was about 5-8 miles granted I checked the exhaust housing on the turbo it was cold and the manifolds/radiator also within that allotted millage I opened it up and gave it a true test drive the temp gauges (oil coolant) skyrocketed to above normal operating temperatures it was 65 degrees out low humidity and all. The dealer had no info or any paper work on the truck no carfax, autocheck or NICB. Many of the other trucks had similar issues or worse. The truck has a current sticker and in the state it is located in that would not fly to my knowledge. The guy told me someone was in about 3 hours earlier and went for a 20 minute test drive that's why it was running so warm yeah right, he is also asking 14,995. It has a lot of safety and legality issues I do not plan on buying unless it is for less than 8500 7000 would be more like it.

01PSD

Reaction score
There is no question, he never said he had a question LOL
Wow wonder what that fuel filter looks like

Edit: If you're referring to the section, then yeah I can see where you're coming from :thumbsup: Would be better in General Discussion or AWOL

loboost

Reaction score
There is no question, he never said he had a question LOL
Wow wonder what that fuel filter looks like

Edit: If you're referring to the section, then yeah I can see where you're coming from :thumbsup: Would be better in General Discussion or AWOL

Perhaps the post was to warn others? If so, I link or location would be helpful.

Sounds to me like he just looked at a truck that was a little more beat up than he wants and priced a little higher than its worth...

loboost

Reaction score
Oh and op, in you're in the market for a truck, specifically a 6 liter, that's not an oil temp gauge on the dash. Its oil pressure. Get yourself a monitor of some sort and read up. Plenty of info here on what to look for

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
It had a edge cts monitor, I was able to boost 34lbs on a straight away and when I would let off it would surge like hell.
I forgot to include my question would it even worth trying to negotiate with this guy at the price or try to find a better truck with studs egr delete etc. This is going to need work some work and the dmv just got back to me with the nicb check it has a salvaged title with a damaged crossmember and front end frame damage and has not been repaired to a rebuilt title.

Mdub707

Reaction score
$15k!!!! Not a chance. I'd almost consider selling my 06 bulletproofed for a hair more than that and it has 1/2 those miles... dang!

Just look on this forum for an already bulletproofed 6.0, I've seen a few in your price range.

Latest posts

Members online