Used 6.0 & Auto Enginuity questions

JMart

Reaction score
I am going to go look at a used 6.0 soon and I was wondering if there is anything I can scan or check with my auto enginuity that would set of a red flag. I have never even used this program other than to scan for a code on my 02 F150. I never plugged it in to my 7.3 before I sold the truck. So I am unsure what all I can use it for.

Also, what things should I look for when looking at a used 6.0?

Thanks for any tips.

JMart

Reaction score
Do you have the advanced ford bundle?

I do. Got the setup from Strictly.

Another question I have is at how many miles a 6.0 usually starts running into problems. I am trying to keep it under 150k when I purchase but need to be able to put the another 50k on it before I can look for something else. I hoping to avoid any repairs in that time frame.

Stroker04

Reaction score
Just scan the truck if anything major is wrong it should come up when you scan it man. Then afterwards maybe go to live data stream take a look at ICP, IPR, FICM voltages..

JMart

Reaction score
Just scan the truck if anything major is wrong it should come up when you scan it man. Then afterwards maybe go to live data stream take a look at ICP, IPR, FICM voltages..

What ranges should I be looking for when I do the live data?

Stroker04

Reaction score
IPR:
IPR should be around 10% - 15% DC @KOEO
IPR should be around 84% DC when cranking. I believe my ICP is about 1900 psig
IPR should be 22-24% at hot idle (MAYBE as high as 30%)

ICPv:
0.15 - 0.35v (typical is 0.19-.24v) KOEO, no pressure registering on my HPO gauge
not sure of ICPv cranking - around 1900 psig I believe
0.80-0.85v at idle - around 500 - 580 psig

FICM:
46.5VDC is the lowest I would ever want to see. Thats both cranking and running.

JMart

Reaction score
IPR:
IPR should be around 10% - 15% DC @KOEO
IPR should be around 84% DC when cranking. I believe my ICP is about 1900 psig
IPR should be 22-24% at hot idle (MAYBE as high as 30%)

ICPv:
0.15 - 0.35v (typical is 0.19-.24v) KOEO, no pressure registering on my HPO gauge
not sure of ICPv cranking - around 1900 psig I believe
0.80-0.85v at idle - around 500 - 580 psig

FICM:
46.5VDC is the lowest I would ever want to see. Thats both cranking and running.

Awesome! Thats what I needed. Thanks a lot.
Now if I could just find the right truck. :doh:

OBS F350

Reaction score
Do you have a truck in your sights yet? My truck is bone stock (other then the exhaust I just put on), and before I got it the oil cooler, egr cooler, and 3 injectors were put in. And I had to clean the turbo after a couple months. But the oasis was very clean on it (has 137k). As stated before I would check FICM voltage when cranking and driving, and ICP. Also if you can watch engine oil temp vs engine coolant temp on the test drive, get it up to operating temp and ideally you would want to hit the highway and set the cruise at 55-70 and see how far apart they get.

Under the hood look for white residue or standing coolant around the degas bottle cap, any oil leaks (obviously).

JMart

Reaction score
I had a truck picked out but it sold before I could get my stuff together to go look at it. Im not real picky about it but I have a few things it can't be. Can't be gold or maroon or have tan interior. Prefer it not to be white. No two tone unless its the gray over black maybe the blue over silver. Has to be a crew cab. And I am only looking to spend 15 or 16.

Thanks for the info too.

Latest posts

Members online