Used 6.7 world

TyCorr

Reaction score
How can you tell if it's a job 1? and what does that mean? Just that it was the first batch?

Well, a good place to start would be any trucks produced in August of 2010 or up until January...there may be specific dates but who knows?

Santa Gertrudis

Reaction score
If you're looking at Lariat trucks, the Job 1 trucks had that odd center section in the seats that looked like...snake skin? I guess? Either way, the Job 2 trucks went to standard monotone leather. At least to my knowledge. My Job 2 2011 has solid leather.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you're looking at Lariat trucks, the Job 1 trucks had that odd center section in the seats that looked like...snake skin? I guess? Either way, the Job 2 trucks went to standard monotone leather. At least to my knowledge. My Job 2 2011 has solid leather.

Are you certain? Jakes 2012 has that bomber jacket/distressed inlay. I think you're off on that. That was an option for 11and 12s. And ive seen 11s with solid color leather. The 13s brought changes like mytouch and ball coolers which requires a perforated leather.

I didnt change my original post. But Im unsure if what I said was correct. I think that weird leather was available in all of 11 and 12 early on. 12s were strange trucks. They evened out the flash of the 11 trucks interior. But didnt have all the final 13-16 finishing touches.

Last edited:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Looking as well. From what ive seen. If you go 13+ the lariat is pretty sweet. If i bought a 11-12 id put in my own radio and getting a lariat is alot less important. Likely since it will be a work truck though im going with a xl or xlt next go round ill get a lariat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Santa Gertrudis

Reaction score
Are you certain? Jakes 2012 has that bomber jacket/distressed inlay. I think you're off on that. That was an option for 11and 12s. And ive seen 11s with solid color leather. The 13s brought changes like mytouch and ball coolers which requires a perforated leather.

I didnt change my original post. But Im unsure if what I said was correct. I think that weird leather was available in all of 11 and 12 early on. 12s were strange trucks. They evened out the flash of the 11 trucks interior. But didnt have all the final 13-16 finishing touches.

Definitely not certain, just what I was told by a few folks. I could be wrong!

Jomax

Reaction score

The butt coolers started in 2011 IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
yes i have definitely seen some 11's with a/c seats

Yes they did, my brother in laws truck has the nut chillers.
I guess I don't see what the problem is with the radio and Nav in the 11. I have not been in one in a while but don't remember it not being useful. I actually like my 16's better more so than the 15 GMC one. Me and that thing don't get along.

The only problem my brother in law has had with the 11 is a DEF leak out of the pump and a cooler line leak at the turbo. Other than that it has been fine and pulled over weight pretty often. My fiver along with his that is a 36' toy hauler. He is right around 100,000 I am guessing and it is all stock. His interior is all black also, doesn't have printing on the console or anything.

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
I guess I don't see what the problem is with the radio and Nav in the 11. I have not been in one in a while but don't remember it not being useful. I actually like my 16's better more so than the 15 GMC one. Me and that thing don't get along.

The only problem my brother in law has had with the 11 is a DEF leak out of the pump and a cooler line leak at the turbo. Other than that it has been fine and pulled over weight pretty often. My fiver along with his that is a 36' toy hauler. He is right around 100,000 I am guessing and it is all stock. His interior is all black also, doesn't have printing on the console or anything.

Have a/c seats as well. Only issues I had were the coolant tube leak from the turbo and the fuel pressure switch leak. Both were easy fixes.

TyCorr

Reaction score

Theres no problem with it. But most people on here wont appreciate an old school double din with knobs and tactile buttons. But if it works, there can't be anything wrong with it.

I honestly see my next truck being a diesel but an xlt. Gauges and a radio.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Im not a fan of the nav radio in the 08+ trucks. My wife has it in her expedition. Id much rather just have a double din touch screen deck like the jvc unit i have in my 05 truck. I can let the kids watch movies, stream content thru bluetooth or use a mhl cable and watch movies from a tablet of phone if needed. The facoty deck in the expedition is slow and very plainly the navigation sucks. I use my phone or a paper map over it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Theres no problem with it. But most people on here wont appreciate an old school double din with knobs and tactile buttons. But if it works, there can't be anything wrong with it.

I honestly see my next truck being a diesel but an xlt. Gauges and a radio.

I got it. I don't mind knobs. The pressure is not consistent on the touch screen so I am still not used to them.

stroker2

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online