Used truck buying questions

Reaction score
Iam looking at a 2011 f-250 with 99,000 miles. The truck appears to be in good shape. I havent seen it in person yet, as it is over 350 mi away. It is a ccsb 4x4 with cloth seats pw, pl. Its got a auto trans. The dealer said truck runs great and shifts smooth. The vehicle in question is a one owner. But it was registered as commerical use. It dont have a 5th wheel hitch in the bed and the dealer told me that the bumper hitch dont look like it has been used much. Tires are around 80% with alloy wheels. Do you guys think this is ruffly worth? How many miles should i ruffly expect out of a 6.7? I know it has a lot of varing factors, but was just wanting a ruff estimate. Do you guys have any tips to look out for when i drive and look at it this weekend? Thanks, Eric

Last edited:

claws314

Reaction score
Typically a used pickup has roughly a $5-6000 mark-up over what the dealer has in it. I say this as I once worked at a few dealerships before I realized it wasn't for me. Don't be afraid to ask to take it to a mechanic that you choose and let them look it over, scan it etc. Drive some others like it to compare. Also don't let the salesman sell you on it, let the truck do it. When its all said and done it's still just a crap shoot whether it'll run you another 200k miles trouble-free or leave you stranded on the side of the road before you even get home. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.