Valvecover Gasket?

Whytry

Reaction score
007-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005.jpg

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Looks more like oil to me... Powerwash and start over.

Edit...

Hell your looking at the valve cover gasket anyway... Thats oil man...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
To fix the title check and see if you can edit it, if not report your post and explain.

As to the oil leak, how long has it been like that? EVEN new gaskets will seep a little.

But that is a reusable gasket, over time the rubber will crush and they will not seal good. Check the TQ on the valve cover bolts.

Nothing to worry about, call it rust preventative. LOL

Whytry

Reaction score
Well it just started and I will clean and if it happens again I will start another thread i can't believe I put head gasket lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
The only way Id be worrying about that bs is if I just put the motor in after a rebuild and it started seeping. Buuuut that wouldnt happen, so I guess what IM saying is Id never worry about that.

If it was leaking, not seeping, you'd have oil all over the place to begin with. The little bit of oil I see is easily remedied with some simple green and a good rinse. You just need to do some cleaning.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
haha i was trying to figure out how you thought that was the head gasket, like maybe it was seeping upwards and the manifold was drying the lower part or something??

hahaha i think every 7.3 looks exactly like yours does!

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
I would not power wash that area. Oil is getting out, water can get in under high pressure. I remember the first time I installed a set of injectors on my truck, the valve cover bolts were not that tight. I would just snug them up and should fix it.

genuineford

Reaction score
If the bolts are torqued properly then I would say replace the gasket but it is going to be pricey because of the injector wiring going through it.

sgleshot

Reaction score
im willin to bet it just needs snugged up, worste case scenario pull it apart, clean it well along with the mounting surfaces and re-assemble. I've seen me have to do that once or twice.

Arisley

Reaction score
Mine were seeping. I pulled them off, cleaned the mating surfaces (head, both sides of the gasket, valve cover. Wiped a thin, and I do mean thin, layer of Silicone on both sides of the gasket. By thin, I mean I put a dab on my finger, and stretched that dab as far around the gasket as I could, after putting on the layer, I took my finger and wiped most of it off. Let it sit for five minutes (a smoke and a beer), and installed it. No more leaks.

I am a firm believer in silicone, I am also a firm believer that most people use about ten times to much.

Latest posts

Members online